• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It's baaaack: Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots and lots of posts on this from the beginning of Windows 10. Guess what? It's back after the latest update. Applies to Rush too. I tried downgrading the versions and it didn't help. Tried the Shift-Alt launch to clear all the settings. Just changed the file that Pr crashed on.

Windows 10 latest update as of Friday, Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB, SSDs, 2070. 

Screenshots of the crash...

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Well, I gave up. Blew away the PC and reinstalled everything from Windows on up. Now it's working. 

So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I can't edit the post... That should read 32GB of RAM. My office PC has 64. Sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for giggles, I completely uninstalled *all* Adobe apps. Then used ccleaner to scrub the registry. Rebooted, and installed only Rush (and the CC desktop). Crashes at the same place.

Did it again and only installed Pr (and CC desktop). Same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled back Windows updates to last month. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about that. Could you try some suggestions mentioned here? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-troubleshoot-premiere-pro-crash-at-launch/td-...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, did all that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DurocShark2,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you create a new user account for testing and try to launch Premiere Pro in it?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DS,

Please try repairing Adobe folder permissions: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw that in another thread and tried it early on. No joy.

HOWEVER, I was so frustrated that I went and grabbed DaVinci Resolve. That won't run either! But the Windows Video Editor that comes with the OS works fine. It was something to do with the last update. Even though I rolled it back, the damage was clearly done. 

This weekend I'll wipe the machine and reinstall everything from the OS up and see. However, I'd like Adobe to try to figure it out since the video apps are all that are broken, and Adobe has been my go-to (and paid for) tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I gave up. Blew away the PC and reinstalled everything from Windows on up. Now it's working. 

So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not be surprised if the issue comes back, as it has returned numerous times at my station. 

Bumping this for visibility since Adobe is clearly not taking this issue seriously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charles,

Bumping this for visibility since Adobe is clearly not taking this issue seriously. 

Yep, you can do that for the Premiere Pro Product Team if you post on User Voice, please try that. You can also search and see if anyone else has complained, like here. I can see that there really aren't a lot of posts there on QuickTime.prm. There should be. Create one. I'll help you by upvoting.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines