• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jerkiness in zoom shots with keyframes upon export

Advisor ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created zoom shots using keyframes that appear smoothly in my timeline, but upon export, there is jerkiness in some (not all) of them.  I am using the first preset in the list - Match Source - High Bitrate.  Is there an obvious or common reason for this?  Many thanks.  In case it's helpful, my OS is Windows 10.  

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Hard to know what might be going wrong without seeing what you are seeing. Any chance you could upload and link a short clip showing the issue?

However - preview render one of the problem 'zooms' in your timeline? Does it still look OK or does it now look the same as when you export.

Your selected export preset should be fine and should not have any affect on the zooms, so that's unlikely the issue.

Only other thing I can think of - does the footage that exhibits jerkiness when scaled/zoomed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to know what might be going wrong without seeing what you are seeing. Any chance you could upload and link a short clip showing the issue?

However - preview render one of the problem 'zooms' in your timeline? Does it still look OK or does it now look the same as when you export.

Your selected export preset should be fine and should not have any affect on the zooms, so that's unlikely the issue.

Only other thing I can think of - does the footage that exhibits jerkiness when scaled/zoomed match the frame rate of your timeline?

Or is it VFR (variable frame rate) footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, Steve.  I've attached the clip as well as a link to it on Dropbox.  In answer to your 1st question, the footage looks fine in the timeline inside Premiere - no jerkiness at all.  

As to your 2nd question, I'm afraid I don't know enough to answer it - can you explain how I compare the frame rates and determining whether it's VFR footage?  Thank you.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zx0zhy4g8084uc/mailbox_medley.mp4?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just viewed the video by clicking on the attachmet I uploaded here, and there is no jerkiness.  I then opened the file on my computer and played it with Movies & TV and Windows Media Player and it played smoothly in both.  My assumption is that the jerkiness was due to an unstable internet connection perhaps.  Thanks for your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Transform effect instead of Motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ann.  I am setting keyframes to each jpg, which I can see falls under the Motion heading in the Effect Controls panel.  Can you explain how I make the switch to Transform that you refer to?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AnnBens_0-1630509641580.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines