• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEGS & PNGS CORRUPTED IN PREMIER PRO

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where my jpegs and png photos are corrupted in premier pro. It looks as if I have applied a glitch effect on them and they are discolored and distorted. I have tried the following but nothing has worked.

1. Re-installed video drivers

2. Re-downloaded images and deleted old ones off of drive

3. Used external drive to import images into premier

4. Turned off GPU acceleration 

however NONE of this has worked.

If anyone has experienced this please let me know how I can fix it as this is prohibiting me from using the software as I cannot put any images into it. I have a radeon 5700XT gpu. Not sure if this GPU has anything to do with it and or that adobe isnt compatable with it. 

Adobe issue picture.jpg

[Moderator note: please add images directly to your post by drag/drop to the reply box or use the picture icon to upload images.]

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Try resaving them in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Some things to do, and more information needed for someone to help...
-Troubleshooting https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Unofficial-Premiere-Pro-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/87892...
-PPro Editing Information FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-What-information-should-I-provide-when-asking-a-ques...
-Mac only https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-Basic-Troubleshooting-amp-Maintenance-for-Premiere-P...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resaving them in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a gamut issue. As Peru Bob say, resave in Photoshop, and make sure they are in basic sRGB color space, not RGB or ProPhoto or any of the other spaces.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you! I tried this it works. However I recently upgraded to a premier pro compatible GPU (radeon 5700xt)and the problem only occured once I put the new video card in. I also had 3 other friends with the same GPU import the photos on the same and later versions of premier and had the same issue. When I plug my old gpu back in the problem goes away and the photos look fine. Very quirky issue. Think it's something wrong with how the video card is communicating with adobe (I have GPUA on). Not sure cause when I turn GPUA off the problem goes away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dylan, I am having the exact issue with Premiere 2020 too, and I have the Radeon 5700xt GPU. I wonder if you have solved this problem successfully?

I tried:

1: re-install GPU driver (not working)

2: re-saving the JPG or PNG files in Photoshop into Black and white (and it worked, but colored files are still corrupted)

3: re-installing Premiere Pro (not working)

What does turn off GPUA here mean? I googled GPUA but nothing showed up.

thanks

Yan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing drivers for the GPU. Some drivers can be problematic.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone been able to resolve this yet? I am currently experiencing the same problem (have a radeon 5600xt). I've tried exporting the images through photoshop and have had no luck - GPU drivers are all up to date so nothing wrong there... 

Are adobe ever going to address this major issue??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I've managed to resolve the issue using a different method within photoshop - 

Image > Mode > CMYK Color > Quick export as PNG

Hope this helps anyone out there who's still having problems! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s great that it worked but CMYK should be 100% avoided in Premiere Pro/After Effects since it always leads to problems down the road. CMYK is used for print, not for video.

Use RGB Color and try to save the image/s as .psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick export as PNG saves the image as RGB!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add that I have been having the same problem, new Radeon 5700xt GPU and issues with photos in Premiere. Would love a solution to this if anyone has one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This with stills is often a color space issue, which is why re-saving with a different color space in Photoshop so often works.

Occasionally, it's a GPU driver issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Fix: Right click on the image in the sequence and create "nesting" file - name how you like it. Hopefully that helps. 

If the file is already nested in the Sequence - Right click on the pertaining nest shot - go down to "Time Interpolation"  -  and select "Optical Flow" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks it's work with me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines