Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jumping timeline on playback

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys.

I'm having a problem with my Premiere CC 2017 and have not found it here in the Forum.

If anyone can help, I appreciate it.

The problem is as follows:

When I put a video on the timeline (.mov or .mp4), and I click on play to play, the timeline reading needle jumps, going and coming all the time.

It goes up to 2 seconds, and back to 1. It goes up to 3 seconds and back to 2 and so on.

Here's an example video that I recorded of the problem:

https://youtu.be/XusXWpAe1VM

This problem has happened since I formatted my machine and migrated to Premiere CC.

Until yesterday (30 October 17), to solve this I delete the files from the COMMOM => MEDIA CACHE and MEDIA CACHE FILES folders, disconnect the computer from the power outlet for an hour and when reconnected, it worked. Since yesterday this does not work anymore.

Could someone give me a light, please? I find no solution anywhere for that.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

I was having this issue and what eventually solved it for me was going to

edit > preferences > audio hardware

and changing the Default Input to "No Input"

In my case the microphone was listed as "not working", and any non-working hardware brings Premiere Pro to its knees.

This should really be addressed by developers.

I don't know of any other video editors which have this sort of problem (even among the free ones).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pallar50,

Sorry about this annoying issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kulpreet Singh, sorry for the delay in coming back here at the Forum. Thanks for your answer. However, problem continues. I did what you advised and it did not work. Below is more information that may be important for you to try to identify the problem ... Thank you in advance for your help!

Answering your questions:

1 - This problem happens on ANY project. Sometimes I open the project, and it works. At other times, this same project simply happens the problem.

2 - Answering some questions that may help:

• I use Premiere Pro CC 2017 v12.0.0;
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro v1703;
  • Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Lately, the problem persists and has not run for some 3 days;
  • I do not use any software along with Premiere when I'm editing;
  • Configuration of my computer: Intel i7 4970k 4GHz / 8Gb RAM / Geforce GTX 770 video card (updated driver today) / HD SSD 320Gb (where only Windows 10 and Adobe software are installed) / HD 1Tb (for other programs and files) / Hydro Cooler / 650 Watt Source;
  • Using the GPU? I already tested with the "Mercury GPU Acceleration" and added with the software;
  • The problem only occurs in the preview. If I render the video, it does not have the problem.

3 - I already did and had no results.

I hope these answers help you identify the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards,

Jefferson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pallar50

This problem has happened since I formatted my machine and migrated to Premiere CC.

You can't migrate Adobe applications without problems.

Uninstall, use the Adobe Cleaner Tool, and reinstall:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!!!

I tried doing these steps with Adobe CC Cleaner, and my problem continues.

Funny that this problem occurs sometimes, and sometimes not.

I even tried to do a memory test, to see if everything was OK ... and it's OK with my memory. I even tried to put the memory of my friend and the problem continued.

I've done everything myself. I formatted it, reinstalled it all again and did nothing to fix it.

Please, can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue and what eventually solved it for me was going to

edit > preferences > audio hardware

and changing the Default Input to "No Input"

In my case the microphone was listed as "not working", and any non-working hardware brings Premiere Pro to its knees.

This should really be addressed by developers.

I don't know of any other video editors which have this sort of problem (even among the free ones).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this tips !!! It worked for me :)))) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was what was causing my problems. If I ever see you at the bar I owe you a beer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx! worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me, but I did fix it.

If changing the input does not work, try changing your Latency. To do this, go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware, then change the latency to something like 200 ms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was just my headphones from JBL that made this effect. When I went back to my other headphones and played, everything was fine. Thanks for your help I was getting crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines