• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just bought a used 2018 Mac Book pro and download the new OS system Monterey .

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm coming from a windows PC to Mac. I have been using Adobe Premiere for years it was great on pc. I just bought an used 2018 i7 Mac pro , I'm making that jump... I wanted something small and lite to work on smaller projects with.  So got Adobe Premiere and upgraded to Montery from Catalina (which came with the Mac) I had a friend tell I should not upgraded.

Just to find out all the horror stories how Montery sucks with producing and editing programs.

So just to test things out I did some small projects for test runs. I have not notice any drops in frames and Adobe Premiere and light room ran very smooth. The only deal I notice in Premiere when adding effects and color to clips it slowed down a little nothing new because it happens in my windows Pc . 

So I exported a small clip in 4k one into cloud and one on to the hard drive . It was fast and no trouble. Did some rendering smooth. The question I want to know is should I revert back to Catalina ? Has Premiere Pro worked out all the bug in the pass year to work with Montery. I like to know before starting to work on projects.... I'm going to invest in a SSD external hard drive to work and back up projects. Info for a new mac user would be great............

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, Jess_the_inventer,

How are you? Welcome to the Mac fanboy club. 🙂

I think Monterey should work fine for you, so do not worry too much. If you are experiencing slowdowns with effects, render them for smoother playback. Not a big deal. I'm going to say everything seems to be going OK for you. I still use a 2017 MacBook Pro, which runs excellent, including using 4K from my iPhone.

Come on back with any troubles you have. We can help!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines