• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just did the update to 2019 and opening a project from the other day is giving me trouble

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I updated to the lastest CC version of premiere, and the project I was working on the previous day is now giving me trouble.

I get the following warning:
"A low-level exception occurred in: lvcode64.dll (GetAVICodecs)"
Then, when I try to drag any .mxf clips from my bin (shot on a Canon XF350s, XF300s, and XF100s) it won't let me drop them onto the video portion of the timeline but will let me drop them on the audio portion of the time line. Specifically in a sequences set for those cameras.

Explain this malarkey and render aid!

My system specs if Relevant:

• Motherboard: MSI – Z370-A PRO
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-8350K
  • Memory: GeIL POTENZA DDR4-2400 2 x 8GB
  • Graphic Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
  • Hard Drive: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 2TB
  • CPU Cooling: Cooler Master – Hyper 212 EVO
  • Case: DIYPC – Solo-T1-R
  • Power Supply: EVGA – 500W 80+ Bronze

Now, when I first finished the update and tried to open, it said I needed to update the drivers of my graphics card. I was still able to open before hand, and found this problem initially. Then I went to NVidia's website and updated my drivers and installed their stupid Nvidia Experience program which threw me for a loop because it was replacing my real audio drivers and couldn't hear — until I set it back which was a minor annoyance, but then when I opened Premiere again I was having the same problems as I initially described above.

I seek solutions. I will answer any additional questions to acquire those solutions. Be you fellows frustrated in this manner on the ground or techs from on high within the lofty prowess and resources of adobe itself, I plead your aid.

Moderator note: please avoid using profanity. We have users of all ages reading these forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Our latest patch released last week has a fix related to some of the issues mentioned in this thread.

It is a small dedicated patch related to a few key fixes.   (link below)

Bugs fixed in versions 13.0.1 and 13.0 releases of Premiere Pro

Please make sure your version of 13.0 is updated with this patch.   Notice the link above provides useful info on related issues.

If other issues remain, please feel free to reach out to me with applicable info.

Thanks!

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 109 Replies 109
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Sorry you're having issues.

I'm happy to lend a hand and help break things down if you have some time to assist.

Every workflow is different but issues can be tracked down.    There are also opportunities to improve aspects of the workflow process.

I'll shoot you a PM and we can look into details of your project. 

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, no third party effects. No idea even what a warp stabalizer is. Just two cropped and resized mxf files, audio set to stereo from one of them, and a number of png's, jpgs, titles, and occassional music and sound effects on the timeline. Nothing that should be GPU intensive at all.

Trying out clearing the cache folders and setting to software mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rovner.michael,

Did you already try to delete all the "Render files" in "Sequence", render again then export in premiere pro cc or media encoder?

Let me know if your problem is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did delete the render and re-render the whole thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. OK, can you try to switch your Preview file format in sequence settings to GoPro cineform with alpha ?

2. Also do you have a lumetri effect applied to your png, jpgs, titles? Did you use the right-click "Scale to frame size" to scale some of your media? If yes, can you disable it and try again?

Hope that will help you, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No use of Lumetri, no use of scale to frame size. Didn't try the GoPro cineform with alpha.

What I did do was note some advice from a thread over on media encoder's board, suggesting I clear the media cache in the common file and then try to export in the encoder using software only. Their instructions were in Mac so I looked up the general FAQ on finding the Media Cache and Media Cache Files hidden folders...reopened both programs, let the media cache rebuild upon opening premiere, and then exported over to the encoder set to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.

Over an hour into the export and its going without freezing. Just over an hour left. Faster than the last two attempts using the Graphics unit before the freeze.

Fingers crossed I'l be back in an hour or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...It exported. It's good. Testing again with the GPU acceleration instead of software only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rovner.michael​

Glad to hear that you were able to export your project.    

FYI - No need to change your preview files unless you are specifically choosing to render from previews (slightly different topic and workflow)

Are you working with 4k media in a 1080 sequence?   2 GBs of VRAM is on the lighter side.  You would definitely see improvements using a GPU with 4-6 GB's of memory.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the worst update I ever experienced in my life! rendering a 15 sec after-effects project takes almost 3 hours in the new update. Also the whole dynamic link server is not working! We pay you to work with this software so be absolutely sure to deliver a stable version and not deploy a version that is not working! I've installed everything clean now so no old preferences but it's still not working like it should be. This project is a simple animation of an elephant going through the screen that is a total of 45 seconds (with 2 ae files imported) and it wil take over 6 hours to totally render the project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our latest patch released last week has a fix related to some of the issues mentioned in this thread.

It is a small dedicated patch related to a few key fixes.   (link below)

Bugs fixed in versions 13.0.1 and 13.0 releases of Premiere Pro

Please make sure your version of 13.0 is updated with this patch.   Notice the link above provides useful info on related issues.

If other issues remain, please feel free to reach out to me with applicable info.

Thanks!

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines