Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just upgraded to v22 HLG footage overexposed

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated and opened a project which i already delivered, using hlg3 clips.

Now in premiere 22 the footage is overexposed 

I cleans the cache in settings but also emptied the cache folders.

How can i refresh the previews? or resolve the issue? its a big project with many clips all 'over exposed' now in v22..

Even on export the exposure is wrong now.

thanks

/J

2.PNG1.PNG

TOPICS
Formats , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Ok Right click footage > Modify> Interpret > Color space rec709 fixed the issue.

But why do i have to do that now, when before it was automatic?

Footage is hgl3 from sony a7iii

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

In the project tab, Right click footage > Modify> Interpret footage > Color space rec709

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Hello, i had the same problem after upgrading to Premiere 2022.

I solved the problem by selecting sequense/sequence settings/working color space/rec2100 HLG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Right click footage > Modify> Interpret > Color space rec709 fixed the issue.

But why do i have to do that now, when before it was automatic?

Footage is hgl3 from sony a7iii

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have the same problem but I can't find the path for the change you suggest, can you help me understand the complete path. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project tab, Right click footage > Modify> Interpret footage > Color space rec709

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnnyk, should we do this for all Footage???

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes as far as i know, Just select all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any ideea how to use Color Space Override for proxies ? it does not use Color Space Override at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right! old proxies looked fine, but new ones i generated with v22  are overexposed.

Dammit why does it have to be so complicated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about the Proxy? It is different !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the proxy workflow in the Beta, mcarkci. It seems improved in this regard with all the Color Management prefs enabled in General Preferences. Try it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand what to do. Colors change when you press the proxy button. No problem when proxy is turned off. But I need the proxy to be on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcarkci,

Sorry for the confusion. The current proxy preset won't work for HLG, you have to create custom presets for an HLG to 709 workflow. Do you have HLG footage? If so, try creating a new Encoding preset for HEVC with an HLG preset for that codec in Media Encoder. Now, create a new Ingest Preset with this Encoding Preset you just made. Import it into the Create Proxies Preset dialog box back in Premiere Pro. You will now have proxies that match your HLG footage. Can you try it? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC should not be recommended as a proxy format. It's too compressed.  Should be Prores dnxhd etc  but media encoder doesn't support  the new colour managment...so might as well not use proxy until its fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnny,

HEVC should not be recommended as a proxy format. It's too compressed.  Should be Prores DNxHD etc but media encoder doesn't support the new colour management...so might as well not use proxy until it's fixed.

If you need higher quality, there's a ProRes 422 HQ HLG preset you can base an encoding preset on. Francis says, "Bigger files, but better editing." I think we need a ProRes Proxy version, but I think that is still open for a feature request.

Feel free to make one or upvote this one: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44511573-proxy-color-manage...

Have a good one.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC can be even lossless, so wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, he helped me solve the problem, you know how to do it automatically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Do i have to do this everytime now? And why??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i had the same problem after upgrading to Premiere 2022.

I solved the problem by selecting sequense/sequence settings/working color space/rec2100 HLG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but i dont think that the correct answer. I mean maybe if you want to work in rec2100, but most of us are working in rec709. Was not an issue in v15. Proxies are still overexposed with this setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if i'm wrong but, the rec709/2100/2020 refers to the gama, if you using the HLG profile, it makes no sense to use rec709 color space in your sequense. Your proxies are still over exposed because you created them by using the rec709 color space. You have to create a new ingest profile with rec/2100. That works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The results are NOT the same...2100 is more muted. Created new project, See here,one is set to 2100 in Sequence as u suggested, the other is rec709 in settings + colourspace rec709. Last is Proxy using 2100 in settings. media encoder doesn't have colourspace settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color space you have used for the proxy files are not rec2100, is rec601 ( it listed below of the proxy media). Create a new ingest preset with color space hlg 2020 or 2100 from the media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the defaut proxy presets. How to create a hgl ingest preset? ME doesn't have such options.

Anyway, try exporting to h264 you will see it is overexposed.  Setting sequence to 2100 is usefull if you want to edit and deliver in 2100, but we need to export rec709 so the bad conversion happens on export instead of on timeline.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines