• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep Video and Audio synced but starting on the same point in the timeline?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks, Newbie editor here. I have a video file and audio file that is synced correctly. If you look at the screenshot though I am wondering how I keep them synced but have them start at the same time on the timeline? Right now if I put a clip infront of this one - I have the video starting before the audio does... so I need them to align so when the clip infront is done the next starts correctly. I don't know how to make that happen. 

The sync'ed audio and video looks like this:

Not Correct.JPG

I am trying to keep it synced and look like below:

correct.JPG

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First way-

Highlight the video clips and the audio clip. Right Click and select Nest. Now they'll move as one clip in the timeline

Second way-

Highlight the video clips and the audio clip. Right Click and select group. Now they will move as one in the timeline.

Third way-

Highlight the video clips and the audio clip. Right Click and select Merge clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I'm not missing something, deselect everything, then click and drag from the beginning of the video clip and drag it to the right to meet up with the audio. You're just shortening the part of the video clip you don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines