• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeps hanging/crashing when saving or auto-save (v22+ and v23)

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently came across this "error" that happened overnight. Whenever I try to save a project, it is stuck and doesn't do anything. I tried installing previous versions and it does the same. It once was a success in version 22.5 but now it has the same problem. When I press cancel, the spinning wheel appears which means that it's not responding. So that means I have to force quit.

The only work around is to keep editing without saving and hoping it doesn't crash on other bugs or cpu/memory (which will happen). 

Surely I have had other problems before, but it was solvable. Can't recall if I had this problem before and I work 10+ years with adobe. 

I have the (.dmp) report file if anyone is interested.

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 18.27.09.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project and import this one. Save to a different name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks! I imported the whole project (and its sequences) into a new one. 

Is this a common thing that happens? And should I do this with other projects (that was created in v22)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: it worked once. After editing I tried to save it again, it hangs and does the same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2x Samsung Portable SSD T7 2TB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both have 1TB left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a MOD please delete the second picture?! I just noticed it has my SN! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I THINK the problem lies within RED GIANT plugins. I did a full reset on my Macbook Pro (wiped it all clean with a backup - erased all content and settings) and only installed Premiere Pro through Adobe Creative Cloud app. I could edit and save (multiple times) the project. The only thing that would be missing were the Red Giant plugins.

After reinstalling the plugins through the Maxon App, I tried to edit again and save. This resulted in a freeze/hang during saving (just like the picture) and the following files were made with zero bytes:

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 17.28.58.png

Now I'm editing again WITHOUT saving and immediately exporting (sending to Media Encoder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines