• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcut to switch to last active bin panel

Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So having worked in NLE's for about 3 decades, I've learned that if I'm constantly using the mouse to do something that should be easier... to start digging to find a better/quicker way to do it.  I'm working on a documentary project now where I have multiple bins and sub-bins of still images.    With the still bin loaded as a tab and active and in icon view with the size set to about midway on the slider , I maximize frame (using a short key combo) and when I find a still I want to cut into the sequence, I double click on it which loads it in the source monitor...  After editing into the timeline or deciding it's not gonna work, I would like to be able to switch back to the bin I pulled the still from and then maximize it and try another still using a shortcut key combo...  Did some digging and couldn't find anything obvious...  Am I missing something or do I have to just live with this workflow...    If there's no solution, I'll do a feature request, but figure I'd ask first...  and not make a fool of myself...  I know I can just edit all the stills into a new sequence and load it in the source monitor, but not as neat as I like to work...  Thanks as always.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

It's a good idea for a feature request, but in this particular case, if the picture that I added to the timeline didn't work, I would assign a shortcut to "Reveal in Project", and use that to get back to the bin it came from. After doing some tests, it looks like Premiere Pro reveals items correctly in their dedicated bins if several bin tabs are present, which is great, but this needs further testing... 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the feature request. I've never been able to just go back to the last used bin either .... and WOW would that save time leaving the keyboard for the stupid mouse ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good idea for a feature request, but in this particular case, if the picture that I added to the timeline didn't work, I would assign a shortcut to "Reveal in Project", and use that to get back to the bin it came from. After doing some tests, it looks like Premiere Pro reveals items correctly in their dedicated bins if several bin tabs are present, which is great, but this needs further testing... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea! Will test tomorrow..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ali, works great.  You have to assign the short cut key for both the source panel and the timeline panel but once that's done...    so for my workflow, problem solved...  no feature request necessary...  If I find any issues as I continue working, I'll post back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines