• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts not working in Premiere Pro 2020

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro 2020 since almost a year, and I have been using shortcuts like Ctrl+k, q, everyday.

Suddenly, today I tried it and it doesn't work.

I tried to reset all my config, and also reinstalling software. Is there something else I could do?

Maybe is an update problem?

I am sharing with you an image of the actual configuration of Q shortcut. It seems OK, but when i press Q in editing, nothing happens.

I need help with tis please.

Vladimir0D4D_0-1603021871329.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shortcuts not working either, beside some drag and drop not working anymore. Sometimes if i change the workspace and go back to my favorite workspace, they work again. SOMETIMES. This is really messed up, it just happened with the last strange update they forced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was about to change to Resolve now but this comment just delayed the move for another month.
Thank you Jonathan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also were are the selectors (V and A sliders at the left of this picture from internet). They disapeared, and i suspect it's part of the problem since  now i cannot use the clip selection shortcut "d" in my timeline... What's going on, Adobe ?

PPRO-CS5_Timeline_02.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is not "solved." Pointing out that it's related to a bug that isn't fixed doesn't mean it's solved. I am still having this problem and reading through months of other people's posts who are having the same problem hasn't fixed it. When will this problem actually get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the linked thread, the problem is fixed. That took place back at PP 14.6, we are now at 15.4.1. What version are you on and is it the exact same problem as the OP? Did you try resetting to a default workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on version 22.1.2 (build 1) and no keyboard shortcuts work for me.  I can see that the Adobe Premier Pro Default are "loaded" in the Keyboard Shortcuts window but nothing works...not even 'undo' or 'save'.  The layout is set to 'en'.

What could be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should alos mention I"m using the default "Editing" workspace and onl using one monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default keyboard shortcuts are located here:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2022\Keyboard Shortcuts\en

Paste the below into File Explorer and it will take you to the Preferences folder
%UserName%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\22.0

Inside the folder above will be your Profile folder, open that, and then "Win"

Copy "Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys" from the Program Files folder (above) into the Win folder.

You should also copy that file a second time and rename it something like 'MyNamePPKeys.kys'

Start PP and from the Edit menu select 'Keyboard Shortcuts' (ctrl+alt+k by default) Check the drop-down, select one of those two files if one is not already selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies.  I should have mentioned I'm on a Mac (BigSur 11.4).

So instead of a Win folder I found a Mac folder (empty).  I did a search for Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys or any .kys file but nothing for Premier.  I did see a file called "Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs" and copy pasted it into the Mac folder - opened the Premier again but the keyboard shortcuts don't show anything new and still don't work.  I'm assuming the steps for Mac may be different.

That siad, thank you for the helpful steps in your previous post; how do they differ with a Mac?

I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  I should have said I'm on a Mac (BigSur 11.4).

So there's not a Win folder but a Mac folder and no .kys files for Premier.

I did open up Premier again and saved the Default keyboard commands to "Steve_keybaord_shorts" - then closed Premier and reopened.  The shortcuts still dont' work but now I do see a Steve_keyboard_shorts.kys in the Mac folder.  But unfortunately the shortcuts still don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy in the default file from the installation folder. You'll have to translate the folder name from:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2022\Keyboard Shortcuts\en

I'm a total PC guy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out again.  So I found that folder you are referring to in 

/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2022/Adobe Premiere Pro 2022.app/Contents/Keyboard Shortcuts/en

all the .kys files that came with Premier are in there.  I tried to duplicate one and rename it then open up Premier again but no success.

So it seems the Windows Premier bug got addressed but maybe the Mac bug didn't.   A real shame if you've ever tried editing without key commands.  It's painful!

If anyone else has got a solution for Mac Premier please share it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, did you copy the file renamed or otherwise into the preferences folder you had previously found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it both ways just to be sure.

That means:

/Keyboard Shortcuts/en  has all the .kys files (Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys, Steve_keyboard_shorts.kys, etc.)

and

/Users/publishing/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/22.0/Profile-publishing/Mac has Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys and Steve_keyboard_shorts.kys

after reopening Premier the shortcuts still don't work.  I went into the shortcuts window and selected those preset files, too, but no go.

I even tried the "Sync Settings Now" which will sync to my adobecc account.  This was a work around I read somewhere else...but still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, you're approaching reinstalling. Before that, you can reset your peferences back to default (hold Alt (Opt) down when you click your icon to start PP. Also, reset your workspace to default using say the Editing workspace, "Reset to Saved Layout" from the Windows menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for hanging in there with me.  I really appreciate all the suggestiions.  I tried the Option + open program as well as the Reset to Saved Layout, but no luck.  I'll take your first suggestion about trashing this install and just re-installing from AdobeCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a link to the Adobe cleaner tool. Go ahead and reinstall PP, see if that fixes it, if not, you can try running the cleaner, But I believe you'll need to reinstall all your adobe apps.

OK, be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled but still no luck

It always shows a more complete picture of how stable the software is when the company actually has to make a Cleaner tool.   I'll try it later on.  What a headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, save everything you can, preferences, settings, workspaces. I do screenshots of the various preference tabs, etc. I lost placement of all my desktop icons once simply by selecting a different resolution for a test. I had an old screenshot of the desktop, helped me to get back in the ballpark. Then I found Desktop OK, 

http://www.softwareok.com/

which saves and restores your icon positions.... been using it ever since.

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as above, and done EVERYTHING mentioned, This is so annoying! Any luck yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly why I didn't do the cleaning out process and just got on with my work.  I have various publishing duties with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition, and Premiere is going to make me reset my whole system...?  No thanks.  This is an obvious bug and I won't waste my organization's money troubleshooting (beyond a certain point) for Adobe.

Does that mean I'm literally clicking everything in Premiere (including Save and Undo in the menu) to do my video editing work...unfortunately, yes.  I'll finish the project one way or another (and no I don't want to learn Apple FCP when I'm already used to Premiere).

Fingers crossed Adobe comes up with simple update we can install to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found on Reddit that you need to make sure you have your video target on (So V1, V2 etc. need to be blue). I just sat forever trying to figure out why it was not working. Even if you clik/double click on the clip, it may not be targeted. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Billy24148299id59 

Can you post some screenshots so I can see what this looks like?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines