• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts won't work in Premiere Pro CC

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Premiere CC, and I'm trying to use the keyboard shortcuts as provided on the Adobe cheat sheet.  However, it seems the shortcuts aren't working or triggering with my keyboard.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same/similar problem, the editing shortcuts for insert (,) and override (.) are not working. -obnly way is using drag and drop with modifier. thats slowing me down big time. any suggestions? (and i did have tried to save them in keyboard shortcuts, not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I'm having the problem too... I've noticed lots of glitches on adobe products. won't bother asking for help....like always i got to figure it out myself and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I discovered that I had accidentally changed the language of my keyboard from UK English (in my case) to Spanish.  The system toggles between installed languages if you press the windows key + the space bar.  You have to admit, pressing all the required shortcut keys to do your editing pretty easily leans towards you accidentally pressing Windows + Space sooner or later.  As soon you do that, your keys no longer correspond to English symbols and so you become confused as you have no idea what symbol you are actually typing.

Press windows + space until your language indicator shows ENG when inside Adobe.  Applications remember what language they were told to run in, which is why your other apps work fine: they remember being used in English.

Kind regards

Mike Howell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been fighting with Premiere for the last two days.  Never had problem for 3+ years.  Thank you Windows+spacebar fixed my problem.  Thank you very muck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across the same problem on my macbook pro and solved it. When I opened keyboard shortcuts I saw that no hotkeys are assigned. Then I just took the previously saved Mykeyboardprofilefile.kys and put it in documents/adobe/premiere pro/13.0/Profile-(myname)/Mac. Then it appeared in keyboard shortcuts, I chose my profile and all the keys are now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this helped me, because I still had my old config files. That's really weird the provided default config files are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021, July — new macbook pro, same issue, same solution.

Other solutions do not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I am a novice in Premiere Pro. Tried all the tips given above. None worked. Then luck by chance I stumbled upon a solution.

I am talking about the keyboard shortcut Q and W.

This shortcut does not seem to work when there is a single video track. It works fine when there are multiple video tracks and you select one of the track. Then it works fine.

I have not come across any other keyboard shortcut which does not work. All the shortcuts which I have tried so far had worked fine. Only the issue was with this Q and W shortcut. It is now resolved just by chance.

Looks like it is a bug in the programme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NONE of my shortcuts are working, not even the spacebar. Nothing is blue on the keys in the shortcut dialog. Premiere doesn't recognize my keyboard. No prob in PS, AI, or any of the other apps on my PC. Latest June 2019 version. It is very bad for my heart, all this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a cure (for my problem)
Turn off EVERYTHING in Ease of Access (Windows logo>Settings>...) under the keyboard tab. Uninstall & reinstall the keyboard, so far, so good! Hope this helps someone. Bye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, that's what helped my BIG frustrations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very² much for your advice 🙂 It's working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (39).png

click on edit then keyboard shortcuts next adjust it.to default. like belowScreenshot (40).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue on Windows 10. None of the shortcuts are working.

Copy, Paste, Cut, Move, Delete, Save, Play/Pause, Jump Forward/Backwards... nothing.
The menus also don't show the corresponding shortcuts.

When trying to open the Shortcut Binds, I get an error message saying "The shortcut for the Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults main folder was created on another platform and is incompatible with this version of Premiere Pro".

Any ideia what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, (EDIT/Keyboard Shortcuts) at the top left you can select the Adobe Default layout:

That should give you the basic Shortcuts.

That file is located here: %UserProfile%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0\Profile-%UserName%\Win

The basic shortcut file when installed is here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Keyboard Shortcuts\pt

You can copy that into the user profile folder above if yours is corrupted.

See if those get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing. In that folder there's no profiles there. Maybe they weren't installed. I only have "[Custom].kys", that I guess was created when I created the shortcut Ctrl+S to save. Quite the hassle.

I have full Creative Cloud access through my University's license. So no trial version issues there. Shortcuts just weren't installed for some reason. Could you share your default *.kys file? Or where can I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much to MyerPj.

The Premiere Pro default shortcuts wouldn't load resulating in a grey keyboard in Shortcuts. Not even the spacebar worked...

Following your advice, I copied the default file from keyboard shortcuts (the second location) to my user profile (the first location).

Then Premiere Pro loaded the shortcuts correctly. My guess is that there is a wording issue: Premiere Pro says "Adobe Premiere Pro Default" (i.e. singular) whereas the default file is named "...defaults" (i.e. plural).

Now I have a further entry "Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults" (plural), and all default shortcuts are working correctly - even for "Adobe Premiere Pro Default" (singular).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I had the same problem since the laste update:

Premiere Pro says "Adobe Premiere Pro Default" (i.e. singular) whereas the default file is named "...defaults" (i.e. plural).

True, selecting the singular version did the trick! Thanks very much axelhh !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir/ma'am are my hero, I have been on the line with Adobe a whole evening to fix this. Re-installed everything etc. THIS WORKS. THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me! The shortcuts folder under my profile was empty, just as the other users described below. After moving the keyboard shortcuts file from 'Program Files' and then also slecting the file from within Premiere Pro (Edit -> Keyboard shortcuts) everything works as expected.

Thank you MyerPj!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's happening to me right now and i don't know what's the problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I just clicked on the "editing" tab between "Assembly" and "Color", and it fixed everything! My keyboard settings are back and all functions operating. I'm also able to click back into my personalized Workspace setting 🙂 Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tish.zp  UR advice worked!!! Yeah!!!! I am also able to be back on personalization. Tha lat advice here but the only which worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tish.zp  One remark... As I work simultaneously on 12 projects I had to repeat the whole path on each project. Eh.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines