• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframe Controls

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I adjust the speed of a keyframe more accurately, the way you do in After Effects by holding down "Control" on a PC to move the handles in a straight line without changing the plane I am trying to move the keyframes on? aka move it vertically or horizontally in the speed graph, without the mouse changing planes?

Secondly, how can I get a picture to continue to move without stopping after the first set of keyframes is finished animating?

I am trying to get a picture to snap into place and then continue moving after the initial snap (begrudgingly referring to it as the Ken Burns effect, for clarity's sake). I 1) set 2 scale keyframes down, 20 frames apart, 2) Easy ease them 3) adjust the speed in the speed graph editor by moving the end keyframe's velocity handle to the beginning to give that "snap" feel, 4) try to add another keyframe to the end so it continues to slowly move in the same direction (ie, Scale @ 120 for 1st keyframe, then scale at 110 for second keyframe, then continue scaling slowly to 100 for the duration of the clip). 

I cannot make it continue moving without it completely stopping for a few frames before continuing the move. How do I change this?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share a few screen shots or possibly a screen recording of what it is you're trying to achieve?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an unlisted link, let me know if you can see it properly:

https://youtu.be/0swdkb9WMfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I'm not double posting -- I thought this went up. Here's a link to what it is I am trying to do -- let me know if it doesn't come across clearly enough.

https://youtu.be/0swdkb9WMfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Richard says, it's difficult to see exactly what you're trying to do. Can I suggest you set the keyframe to bezier rather than Auto or continuous bezier so you can control both sides independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot make it continue moving without it completely stopping for a few frames before continuing the move. How do I change this?

By @JulianGPublicInfo

Place the first keyframe about 15 frames (or more) before the first cut (or first transition beginning) and place the last keyframe about 15 frames (or more) after the last cut (or last transition end).

That will give a more smooth looking Ken Burns Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Peru Bob, however, this does not give me the initial "snap" feel I wish to make. I don't want to cut into the clip with the Ken Burns effect happening,, I want to cut into the clip as it snaps into place for the first 20 frames, and then it can Ken Burns its way out of there. That takes (I would assume) 3 keyframes, but after that 2nd keyframe, it stops for a few frames and then continues. That's where the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure it can be done using keyframes but as a quick work around you could add the snap movement to the clip, nest and then add the continous movement to the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's partly your timing which is the issue. 20frames is too long to give that snap effect.

As an example,  using only linear keyframes, try a keyframe on frame 1 set to around 123% scale. Another 4 frames later at 103%. Then another 83frames later at 100%. This will give you that snap effect at the beginning without any curves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't see the post. Make the initial scale up with an ease in on the last key, then add a transform effect and add a slow scale uo till the end of the clip. This is what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines