• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knitting sequences

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Objective: To blend 3 sequences into a timeline. Two-hour project to be burned onto a BD via Media Encoder.

Setup: Premiere Pro 5.5.2 on a Win7Pro64 desktop.

Challenge: Render-ready sequences are titled MTS 32bitFX, MPG and MP4. MPG sequence also includes JPG and TIF photos. All clips and photos are date sorted and on track 1. How can the sequences be knitted, especially since they are not somewhat sequential date-wise? There are some overlapping dates. I have yet to add titling and music.

This is my first time using more than one sequence and more than one video file-ending in a project. For this project have I been doing post production the right way thus far?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for an automatic way to do that?

You will need to do that manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot burn to disk with Media Encoder.

You need Encore to do that.

Make new sequence and copy and paste for all sequences to this new sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad Ann, Encore of course, not Encoder. I have used Encoder dozens of times, but infrequently.

To reiterate, the project's clips/photos must be in date order in the timeline. To accomplish this, I need to insert 2 MTS and 2 MP4 sections of those sequences into the MPG sequence timeline. How? Should i use a Sequence Marker to pinpoint the insert? If so, should i do this before or after placing the sequences in the master sequence? This is my first time using any marker. Or should i create a sequence for each insert, meaning that i would have a total of 6 sequences in the master sequence? Again, i have no sequencing experience. Until now, my movies have been relatively simple. Thanks a whole bunch for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said before copy/paste at playhead

Just try it and make a copy of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Objective: To blend 3 sequences into a timeline. Two-hour project to be burned onto a BD via Encore.

Setup: Premiere Pro 5.5.2 on a Win7Pro64 desktop.

Ann, copy-pasting the sequences into the Master sequence is not working. 

1. This is what i see on the Timeline panel: There are 4 tabs titled MPG, MTS, MP4 and Master in that order. The MPG sequence includes titling on tracks 2 and 3 and MPG clips and JPG photos on track 1. MTS sequence holds MTS clips, JPG photos. And the MP4 sequence holds MP4 clips, JPG and TIFF photos. 
  2. Unsure of what preset to use for the Master sequence, i chose the same as the MTS because it has the highest definition (1920x1080p60) of the 3.
  3. After completing the editing, i copy-pasted the MPG sequence into the Master sequence. I attempted to do the same for the other two, but they wouldn’t paste. So, i dragged those two sequences from the Project panel and dropped them onto the Source:Master panel. That seemed to work, except that i could not render the Master sequence. I intend to add the music in the Master sequence.
  4. When i opened the project the next day, i was prompted to find a mass of missing files. The contents to the MTS and MP4 sequences were missing too. A mess.

So, where did i go wrong? What am i misunderstanding? What did i get right? Is there a webpage that i can be pointed to that describes the steps in detail? I haven’t been able to locate it anywhere.

Thanks muchly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshots: have no idea what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Puny Earthling,

Screenshots would be very helpful.

You did not need separate sequences. But they probably helped you organize your material. Does each sequence contain dates that overlap all the other sequences? Or is each sequence its own date range that does not overlap? That makes a big difference on how to deal with this.

You need to decide what your final pixel resolution is going to be. If you work in an HD sequence (1920x1080) and add a lower resolution clip (e.g. SD DV 720x480), it is either going to scale it up (and lose quality) or keep the size the same and add black bars around it. We probably need to know the pixel size and aspect ratios of the material you are using.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might be a good idea to get out some paper and draw little boxes depicting a " storyboard"  you final product. can be stick figures and simple. let's say you have 3 sequences ( or timelines ) and one is donald duck, one is mickey mouse, and one is pluto the dog.

you draw the stick figures on your paper so you know where you want those PARTS to appear in your final product.

now you go into your sequences ( timelines ) and SELECT the parts that fit your storyboard...and EXPORT ( maybe to mp4 ) each selection with filenames that match  your storyboard in new folder with discreet filenames.. ( like donald duck 1 ) if that is your first storyboard ....

Then you start a TOTALLY different project with nothin in it but matches the mp4 export specs ( 720p, 1080p, X fps, etc. )

Now drag your exports into the new project to match your storyboard.

then export for dvd or bd encore burning....to yet ANOTHER folder ( maybe as an ISO image )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yanna, sounds like you're telling me that a separate sequence for each of the video files MTS, MPG, MP4 are unneeded; that i simply can have one setting, the one with the highest definition, which is MTS 1080p60, and the other two will conform naturally? (I know that Encore will down the definition to 1080p30.) Or am i not getting it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, puny, but what you are doing I've never done before. I only make one project with one sequence and one timeline for all of what I do. maybe someone else can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines