Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Korean text type delay

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a massive slowdown when typing Korean subtitles in Premiere Pro.

This problem has always been there but it seems to be getting worser and worser.

It takes about 15 secs to load one sentence after typing in Korean..

Is there a way to fix this?

Please help asap!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

remps,

Sorry to hear you are having such serious difficulty. Some users also have significant problems with slow response using other languages, including English. It can be bad enough to make working impossible. Such issues have been reported in multiple versions of PR; sometimes there is improvement in a newer version; often not. Generally, I am unable to replicate the problem.

Sometimes there have been workarounds - for example, zoom in on the timeline (so less of it shows) or close the Text panel and work in the Program Monitor.

And there have been other problems with using Korean subtitles, but I believe those have been fixed.

You might want to file a bug report - when you create a new post, click the "Bug" option. Or a moderator might move this "discussion" thread.

It would help to know what version of PR you are using. Also, what Operating System.

Does the problem happen as soon as you add the first subtitle, or only after adding many subtitles?

Do the workarounds I mention above help?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines