• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

label color all instances missing in 15.4?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just opened a prem pro project in 15.4 on Windows and now when I change the label color of something in the project pane it doesn't change in the sequences - so I go to turn the preference back on thinking it must have been turned off for some reason only to see that 'Display the project item name and label color for all instances' option is gone from the General project settings pane. Has it moved or been removed completely? It is still there in my 15.2 Mac install - bit hesitant to install the latest if it is going to break this feature - it is something that I use all the time in my work flow.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Try the wrench in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the wrench in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - there is an option there that seems to make it work again, never would have thought to look there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great question! I didn't even realize this had been moved until you brought it up.

It looks like this fucntion is now in the timeline WRENCH -- very first option on the list, "Show Source Clip Name and Label." I just tested it and it indeed works like before when you change label colors in the bins or the timeline. I believe they made this change to enable it to work in Productions now.

HTH,

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe for a version or two after a change like that they could leave note in the old location directing people to it - so instead of having the checkbox in the general preferences pane they could have a note saying 'use the wrench on your time line to show clip names and label colors' or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEWARE - New version blows away color labels again. Importing into a new project to get them back doesn't work anymore either. Reverting and hoping can get them back, otherwise a day of logging is down the drain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Were you able to resolve this issue, Jack?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had the same problem, too - hours of labelling and renaming clips down the drain. Tried importing into a new project, but that didn't work. The labels from past auto-saved versions are also missing. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines