• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Labels Icon View

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I label a folder(Bin) how can I make those label visible in the icon view?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Changing bin views

Bins have two views. You choose between them by clicking the List View or Icon View button at the bottom left of the Project panel.

• List view: Displays your clips and bins as a list, with a significant amount of metadata displayed. You can scroll through the metadata, and use it to sort clips by clicking on column headers.
  • Icon view: Displays your clips and bins as thumbnails you can rearrange and play back.

The Project panel has a Zoom control, which changes the size of the clip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted in the nontechnical Lounge Forum.

Please tell us what Adobe software you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tag has premiere pro so I moved this to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome Alejandro. I'll look into color coding the bins in icon view... if it can't be done now that might be a good feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing bin views

Bins have two views. You choose between them by clicking the List View or Icon View button at the bottom left of the Project panel.

• List view: Displays your clips and bins as a list, with a significant amount of metadata displayed. You can scroll through the metadata, and use it to sort clips by clicking on column headers.
  • Icon view: Displays your clips and bins as thumbnails you can rearrange and play back.

The Project panel has a Zoom control, which changes the size of the clip icons or thumbnails.

Source: Working with bins > Organizing Media in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This I know. When working on the "Icon View" the color labels used to mark in the list view don't show up. Is there a way to color code the bins in "Icon View" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alejandro - I was able to change the bin color in icon view by right-clicking on the folder and selecting label. The fly-out menu lists the colors available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange... I can select the color like you said but dose not show the color. Do i need o go somewhere under settings? I have look and found nothing.

label screenshot.jpegin the icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see the label color and a thumbnail of the clip, switch to the list view, then go to drop down menu next to the Project Name (the three stacked lines) click down and check Thumbnails.

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 7.32.17 AM.png

This will give you a small thumbnail next to the label color. You can make the thumbnails larger by adjusting the zoom paddle at the bottom right of the Project Panel.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That I have used. So there is no way to see the labels color in the "Icon view"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. You can sort the Icons by label (although you still won't see the labels) which would at least group the clips together for you.

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 7.53.40 AM.png

You should also file a feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe that after 5 years and we can still see labels in the icon view 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's crazy that we were able to see labels in icon view.

In Premiere 22 labels are in icon view indeed, but in newer Premiere versions they disabled them.

I can't understand why, it didn't cause any problem, nor was distracting! Why getting rid of a feature when it's alreay there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines