Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag and delay after mouse clicking and performing tasks in Premiere Pro CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This has been covered a few times with several different variations to it and different solutions. I've included an example in the video below. To illustrate, everytime I clicked anything on the timeline I immediately started making circles with the mouse, so you can see how long the delay/lag is.

[video]

I've trashed my preferences and cache, made sure there's a lot of space on the hard drive that I'm working on, closed essential graphics and force quitted the Adobe 'CCXProcess'. Trashing the preferences speeds things up a bit for a while, but then not long after the lag begins. Any ideas? 

Huge thanks in advance. It's driving me mad! 

Premiere Pro CC 2021

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

maxOS Big Sur V 11.4

Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vicki Barsby!

Really sorry to hear that. 

• What's the source of the media files?
  • Are you getting this issue with a specific project?
  • Have you already tried deleting cache files?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

The media files are on two drives. The proxies are on one external drive with the project and scratch disk, and the RAW files are on another external drive. Both are fast and connected via USB C to USB

I've been getting this issue with all projects recently. 

I have reset the preferences and cache files. It works for 5 minutes then the issue starts again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts Kartika?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing is happening to me. When dragging clips around the timeline, after letting go, the mouse will freeze for a few frames. It makes editing extremely annoying and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the video, bigger!

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this by downgrading to 15.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vicki,

I see that your costume workspaces are still in use. That makes me think either the preferences hasn't been cleared properly or Premiere Pro is using the workspace that's stored with the project file. Please try the following:

1. Reset the preferences one more time. Once done successfully, all the customization should be removed (including your workspaces, presets, etc).
  2. Open Premiere Pro and navigate to Window > Workspaces > uncheck "Import Workspace from Projects"
  3. Open your project from File > Open.

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines