Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag issues

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I would highly appreciate if someone tells me what should I do. 

Premiere Pro is up to date.Starts lagging in a way unfamiliar before. First of all, the mouse clicks affect it , but there is no sign that it does. No viewable response on the screen. EXAMPLE: I scroll the ruler 5 secs forward and the VIDEO above goes 5 secs forward. BUT the blue marker stays. Video also dors not scroll simultaneously, shows me only the frame, where the ruler stops.
Same thing regarding all other options. Mouse clicks do not open windows, do not select clips VISUALLY. Premiere know that they do, but I can't see it. 

THE TOOL BAR may be not visible at all, when opening project. Empty field. 
Premiere still works, but IT DOES NOT show me anything. I have to guess, what I am doing... 
Never met it before, since I own a PC not of the lowest grade. and before that - I had a very weak PC, but still never saw that sort of lagging...

SYSTEM SPECS:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor (3.6GHz)

RAM: 32

nvidia GT 710 

Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Again, yes my Premiere does lag sometimes, but in a way, that I know it's just running out of resources and stuff... May such weird lagging be caused by the same problem? or is it something different?
Thank you in advance 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Thank you for your reply. Deleting cash or settings back up didn't help thought I found another specification. Premiere only lags while working with captions. I didn't mention that because I didn't know it might be important. Now I'm working with other projects and they all start to lag the same way when I turn to captions after cutting and colograding. So I googled it, and it turns out, that captions used to be always one of the weakest part of Premiere... as far as they say here and on Reddit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I must add, that it seems to happen within a particular project. In which there is footage of the same codec that I used to work with. NOTHING has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Deleting cash or settings back up didn't help thought I found another specification. Premiere only lags while working with captions. I didn't mention that because I didn't know it might be important. Now I'm working with other projects and they all start to lag the same way when I turn to captions after cutting and colograding. So I googled it, and it turns out, that captions used to be always one of the weakest part of Premiere... as far as they say here and on Reddit. Didn't find much about the 2020 Premiere update (theres much regarding the captions in it), but now it seems to me as a program bag. I mean, I run color grading on 4K with 1/2 - 1/4 quality with no problems or no serious ones. And suddenly some captions beat the sht out of my computer... HOW. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captions playing a role is important. As part of the preferences and workspace resets Peru Bob describes, be sure you use the "Reset to saved layout" for the Captions Workspace specifically.

I don't see it above; what specific version of PR are you running? 15.0 or 15.1?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also facing the same issue since i have intalled it, The specs are enough for the Software to run smoothly but don't know why it's lagging. I have tried all the possible remedies to overcome the issue but unable to fix it.
Thank! By the way also tried the above mentioned procedure to fix it, but it didn't work for me.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

romeo.rex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your GT 710 does not have a Studio Driver avialable for it, which is recommended for proper use for Premiere Pro.

In addition, it has very few CUDA cores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The GT 710 is under powered even fo 1920 X 1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines