• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag on click / adjustments...but not playback

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, working on a iMacPro 10.15.7 with the latest build of Premiere.  Out of the blue I'm having second long delays after every mouse click or selection on the timeline.  I've cleared the cache, trashed the preferences and cursed at the screen profusely.  No luck with any of it.  I've seen several other possible posters solutions about Graphics Panels and Window closings and such.  I'd very much appreciate some advice as it's becoming unbearable.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deado que no te esta dando resultado lo que haria ser inicar el programa con las siguientes opciones

CMD + ALT + SHIFT presionado e inicias Premieres, eso restarura todos los cambios que pudiera tener el programa (a su version original
Si aun te da problemas reinstala el software.
Espero pueda ser de ayuda.

Salu2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about this. What kind of footage is this? Keep in mind that the iMac Pro has Xeon chips, which do not fare as well with H.264 footage as their Intel Mac counterparts, I've found. Other footage, like XAVC, has issues with these iMac Pros as well. See if you have the same problem with footage transcoded to a ProRes variant. Come back with the results. Hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin -  Thanks, yes it is XAVC, and I realize the limitations.  I've dealt with those problems for a while.  But seems happens not when I'm dealing with the footage, but simply clicking through menus.  It popped up after the latest update (I think?) or perhaps I accidently made my own error somewhere.  Regardless, its not related to the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. Have you tried the standard troubleshooting steps, like resetting preferences and deleting media cache? These things can help as can other Mac maintenance like repairing disk permissions, etc. I would try those things too in pursuit of a fix. Finally, one can import the problematic project into a new project. That can work too. Try these things and let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin -

Seems corrected.  Solution seems to be one of two things:

iCloud sync or Malware active scanning.  Disabled both and things are moving sprightly again.  

OR the update that just came down this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gd,

I also had a big problem with iCloud, and once I disabled it, my issues also went away. I suspect that it is the cause of such strange issues. Glad you were able to zone in on the situation. Thanks for reporting back.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin -  thought I had a fix but it appears not.  I've attached a screen capture to show you the issue.  I understand the trouble with certain files, but this is a problem that simply appeared a couple of weeks ago.  No issues until then.  If you could give it a look I'd appreciate it.

Already deleted the setttings.  Cleaned the cache.  All the usual fix attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been having the same mouse click lag for about a month now. I have tried all the basic fixes and nothing has worked. I saw you said disabling iCloud Sync and Malware active scanning worked for you. Did you turn off iCloud drive for everything? Also, how do I go about the second option. I am on a 2020 Macbook Pro and couldn;t find any information on Google about how to disable Malware active scanning.

I still have the issue despite the recent updates to Premiere. Also, has the issue came back for you?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brady -

You're right.  The problem is still hanging around.  I thought I had it figured out but perhaps that was just the effect of resetting things.  Stopping iCloud and Malware don't seem to have any effect.  Perhaps an issue with the Radeon Pro Vega graphics card.  Although this didn't happen until a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines