Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lagging preview on MacBook with M1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Last days I have some problem with Premiere Pro. When I play a video preview from source, it's not lagging. Preview is pretty good and smooth with full resolution. BUT! If I put this video to timeline (or when i create new sequence from clip) it starts lagging. It's lagging with full, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 resolution or with proxy too. I can create proxies with Low, Medium or High Resolution and turn it on. Preview on timeline is still lagging. But preview of source is really smooth with full resolution. This phenomenom is sporadic. 

I have MacBook pro with M1 / 16 GB, last version of Adobe Premiere Pro 22.0.0 and last version of MacOS 12.0.1. And clips are from Canon R6 (4K50P 4.2.2. 10 bit). 

Thank you for every help.

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this issue on M1 Macbook pro 14 inches /M1 pro chip , this is crazy to the least .

Performance has been terrible , wondering if it is the laptop or the softwarte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:  Sequence > Delete Render Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this a try!  Update:  Along with extensive rendering time, I began having issues such as the menu not letting me click on the Export button, so I contacted Adobe. They went remote on my laptop and it appeared they went into the file wear Pr was loaded and renamed the folder to something else so the system couldn't point to it. Then it appears they reinstalled Pr with default settings. I asked what they did and they said they basically reset all the preferences to default. Although I had a lot of changes, at least everything works great now! I think the M1 Pro programing developed inconsistencies that caused these various problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:  Sequence > Delete Render Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here i have macbook 16 pro 16gb ram 512 ssd and is lagging please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alexis,

Sorry, friend. Are you also working with similar footage? See if you have the same issue in Beta. Lots of performance improvements there.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines