• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lagging with subtitles need pc settings help

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently am running an old HP that I'm trying to cheaply Dr Frankenstein enough to be able to run Premiere efficiently. Up until this last video I kind of got by. It's way slower now. So here's what I have going on. 

Premiere version 23.1

Windows 10 64 bit

AMD A8-6500 APU with Radeon HD 8570D

One original 8 gb ram and two new 8gb I added (slot 1 and 3 the OG one is in slot 2)

1 TB SSD I added

I also have a 2TB external WD Elements

I have tried adjusting a bunch of different settings and nothing seems to work .

At this point I will probably have to factory reset all of my Adobe settings but I am looking for something that can run a 2 hour video with dual subtitles without lagging every edit.  

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ElGuapos,

I can't address the general speed issue.

But some users, even with new, fast machines, report lagging performance with subtitles.

I would hold off on doing the subtitles until your edit is done. Then export a draft of the video and use it for working with the captions.

If you already have captions, you may find it hard to delete the transcripts fully. If you have not done a lot, I would start over with a clean project. Save a backup of your current project, then delete all the captions, open a new project, and import the assets. If you have done a lot of editing, open the original project for this step, and copy paste just the video/audio from the old project - not sequences, and not captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to fix and time the subtitles along with the video. How would I be able to do that or where off Premiere? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will say that once I turned off the captions and just edited from the timeline it got faster. Still would prefer to have them on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to tell you this, but you definitely need a completely new PC for any newer version of the Adobe Creative Cloud apps. You see, AMD had completely discontinued all support for all Bulldozer-derived CPUs and APUs, as well as all of its GPUs older than fourth-gen GCN (the GPU that's integrated with your APU is only second-gen GCN). So, AMD will not fix any problems with newer software compatibility any more - ever. What's more, Adobe cannot make its programs compatible with old-generation or obsolete hardware without breaking something for newer hardware.

In other words, suck it up and cut your losses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines