• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop's display dims when I use Premiere

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a laptop with Windows 10 and recently Adobe started causing my screen to dim dramatically when I'm in the app. I can't find a setting that makes it work. My display is fine for everything else. The only odd thing I've found is my "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" says it's enabled (even though it is not). Everytime I uncheck then box it is re-checked when whenever I come back to the setting.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running plugged in or on battery? Some of those things will change "depending... " on most laptops.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Enable Display Color Management checked in Premiere's preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is off. Turning it on does not solve the problem either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to EDIT > Preferences > Appearence then you will get options like brightness increase indicator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is puzzling. I can't find anything nor have ever heard of anything that could do that.

Of course, there are the settings in Preferences in Premiere to adjust the brightness of the UI ... that charcoal background ... but I would guess you mean that the image in the Program monitor is darker, not that the UI background is darker?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the power settings of your system.  There may be a box you need to check or u ncheck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you ever get this problem resolved?

I have a Surface 3 Laptop with Windows 10 and the same thing is happening to me. When I open Adobe Premiere Pro my laptop monitor dims drastically. It is very frustrating, especially since I have a Microsoft laptop.

I downloaded the latest display drivers directly from Intel. That did not fix the problem. It's making my Premiere experience very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

earthnat,

Your laptop is reacting to the power demands of Premiere and auto-dialing back display brightness is what I've been told happens on many "portable" devices. So it's not a Premiere "thing", but an OS thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how to solve that OS problem?

I am facing the same issue too. Please give some solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it can be changed, you will find it in your power or performance settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my power settings from performance to balanced and it solved this exact issue. good luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered this issue for the first time on a Windows 11 using a desktop PC.  I will look into the power settings workaround.  

Before searching for solutions, I resolved this by de-selecting HDR in Display Settings, which immediately returned to the normal screen brightness.  I then selected HDR again, and everything worked. 

I'm not certain of the root cause for this, especially when reading the thread that attributes it to an OS issue, but it only occurs when running Photoshop or Premier Elements...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it only occurs when running Photoshop or Premier Elements...

By @rfh01tx

That is probably because those apps use more power than other apps that you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your computer's power use settings in Windows are probably either set for conserving power or a "balanced" setting that leans toward low energy use.

So to to your Windows power settings, and ... change the options so it runs at full power period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines