Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last 3/5 Seconds of Video freeze or crash after Export

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been having this problem for some time now, and i cant seem to figure it out as all of my settings are the same as they have always been.

When I export a video from premier pro and watch it back, it freezes with around 3 seconds left (audio and video still). 

If I then drop this exported video back in to the same project above the orignal footage in the time line it appears a few seconds shorter.

This is a massive hinderance as all of my exports are being cut short...

PLEASE HELP!! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

I know that this response is a little late, but I was having this same issue and found another workaround.

I'm pretty sure my situation was the same as the original post. Every time I exported, the video would freeze on a frame 3 to 5 seconds from the actual end of the video. The audio would cut out as well. I tried to export directly out of Premiere, as well as tried to queue it in Media Encoder. I tried different codecs, I tried to export using in and out points, I tried deleting the Media Cac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot export settings with left tab to output with an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 11.35.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a subsequence from the section you want to export and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

i have tried thids and its still the same. If anything it has now crashed sooner than last time at around 22secs of a 30 sec video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to fix those last view seconds.

Delete section from project.

Rename, import and re-edit.

Or see if you can export the last bit to an intermediate file and use that in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

I dont think its a problem with the clips, as it does the same on every export no matter what im exporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-fix-for-nvidia-gpu-crashes-when-using-a-laptop-on-wi....

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this response is a little late, but I was having this same issue and found another workaround.

I'm pretty sure my situation was the same as the original post. Every time I exported, the video would freeze on a frame 3 to 5 seconds from the actual end of the video. The audio would cut out as well. I tried to export directly out of Premiere, as well as tried to queue it in Media Encoder. I tried different codecs, I tried to export using in and out points, I tried deleting the Media Cache, I reset my preferences, and still nothing worked.

I finally exported to a different drive and that worked like a charm. I was previously exporting to a NAS and as soon as I exported to my desktop (because I ran out of all other ideas), I had no more issues. Didn't matter if I exported straight from Premiere, or if I sent the file to Media Encoder. Everything was working again. Hope this helps someone down the line!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this reply, i have been struggling with it for a while, and i am actually exporting to a NAS myself. from now on i will export to my desktop and upload to the NAS later... thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! Thank you, this has been an issue for me for months—totally has thrown off my entire workflow and screwed up delivery on cleint projects. Thank you so much. Just exported to the hard drive instead of the NAS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Premiere find a fix for this yet? 
It's such a pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have not. It still exists for me and I just updated to the latest version yesterday. Exporting to NAS causes the issue. When I export to my desktop it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Collin. Glad you found a solution. Which NAS were you using? 

You probably already know this, but unfortunately, a NAS is super convenient but can also be the weakest link in a collaborative environment. They are most reliable for ingesting and archival purposes, but it's better to work with local drives and your media. If that is not feasible, you may need to consult with a VAR or the like to wring out all the potential pitfalls of working with shared volumes. Good luck!

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the response. I don't know what Nas we have. My best guess is that it is a nas. This issue was never a problem before, but unfortunately like i said in my original response the problem keeps getting worse, mainly with INDD and AI. At the studio I'm the only one using Premiere and Aftereffects. But writing files to a Nas is now not an option any more... is it a problem that you are aware of? And does the problem only occur with a select type of nas? 

Greetz,

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Collin,

Sorry about that. If writing files to the NAS is a problem, it may have to do with permissions. Here is a possible solution: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-permissions-for-files-folders-or-disks-mchlp1203/mac

I found this discussion that may be helpful, as well: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4392408.

Let me know if these articles help you solve the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writing isn't the problem. It's the result of writing to a NAS where the last few seconds of a video don't work. This wasn't always the case, but has been the case for a long time, and ONLY occurs when writing to a NAS. If you just export to the Desktop then it exports fine, and then you can copy/move the file to the NAS with no issues. Problem only exists with Premiere. When using FCP X, it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damian,

Sorry about that. This problem sounds rather annoying. Is this just with H.264 files, or does this also occur with other formats? Does this happen on every NAS or just certain ones? Which one do you use? I'd like to get this one fixed.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, its now april of 2022 and the problem still occurs. I've been trying to export a video (about 38sec) and it also freezes at the last 5 seconds. This issue is more and more a problem with the new suite of adobe updates. Right here at our studio we've encounterd way more problems since the 2022 launch and also with the update of the macOS. We've a communal (I think) NAS station. And when exporting to it or opening files from it the software keeps crashing. Even with the new M1 macs. So if anything this problem got way worse than it was initially. We're all hoping for a fix real soon! 

The solution we're resorting to is downloading all the design files from the server to a local drive and then do your thing. after we upload it to the server. For premier and after effects this is a real pain in the butt, but it might save you some very anoying moments.

Hope this helped (and for you too adobe...)

Greetz
C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had this issue, I too have tried all the workarounds, I agree exporting locally (non-NAS) is the only thing that works. ADOBE, please speak up on this. Huge hindrance to those of us working on NAS, which are consequentially some of the heaviest users. We need a fix for this in an age of decentralized production. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, arielleo2205074. I have brought this issue up with the team in the past. Nothing concrete has surfaced yet.

Sorry. These drives can be very temperamental. Ensure that you have checked the drive's software to allow the correct permissions for the volume you are writing to. If you could provide any other info, I can pass along the details, but if you want an answer from devs, you need to file a bug on User Voice. I could not find an accurate bug to upvote, so I recommend creating a new one and linking it here so we can upvote. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This was an issue for me and your workaround helped me finally get my video exported! You're awesome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man you are the savior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thank you !  it was happening accros a few Apps,  Media encoder too. . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines