• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Latest Update in Premiere Pro changed my .MOV and .MP4 videos into green screens.

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the latest update of premiere pro changed all my previously established intro videos and content videos into a green screens. My video extentions are .MOV and . MP4. How do I recover? Why am I having to reaccomplish my work?

In addition, my Logo, which is a .jpg file has changed into a black screen. How do I recover? Why am I having to reaccomplish my work?

Com On Man!!!    Get it together and stop causing all this work for the end user.

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I have a mid 2014 Macbook Pro running the latest IOS. This is the first time this has happened. If Adobe creates updates that require hardware/drivers beyond my reach, it should have a routine to mitigate this as to not force an unusable app onto my mac.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have much older hardware. And in general I would highly recommend turning off Auto Updates in the Creative Cloud app. Any professional would tell you this, as you don't want an update happening in the middle of a project. 

You should be able to install previous versions via the CC App. You can have multiple versions active simultaneously. I write this from a 2014 Mac, and I definitely have not been updating Premiere to the latest versions on this computer since it's so old. (I don't really work from this computer, though, only poke around in Premiere a little bit while helping people.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed your screenshots on the forum.

2022-11-05_12-53-28.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael27096272qsih,

Sorry about the poor experience. Were you able to solve the issue? If not, would you mind checking if hardware accelerated decoding & encoding is enabled under Premiere Pro > Preferences > Media?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure about that old Mac, but ... for those with Nvidia GPUs, this happens with all drivers later than 517.40,  and most gaming drivers.

So at this time, Nvidia users should be on that 517.40 Studio driver.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines