• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update won't open old projects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update of Premiere won't open old projects, FYI.

ROLL IT BACK to the last version and then it works just fine.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

Then create a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing doesn't work - tried that already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, for any report like this give useful data. What is your OS, hardware, media, and typical effects used. All could be the cause of this on your machine. Troubleshooting needs all that data to start puzzling out what's going on.

And realistically, never assume because something happens on your machine, it must also happen on all others. Most of the "major" problems still affect less than half the user base. The vast majority of true bugs affects rather small subsets of users. Because they're specific to certain conditions which all have to be met.

I have no troubles opening older projects on my Ryzen 24-core desktop or Acer Intel-chipped laptop. But I've no way to figure out why it works on mine and not yours because I know nothing whatever about your setup.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem by rolling back one version. Just letting others know they can do the same. I already forwarded all the error reports to Adobe and provided my email with that.

But if you want to know:

I am on  Windows 10.

Intel Core i707700.

Media - none of it opens, so doesn't matter.

Programs I was opening have no effects either than fade in and out often.

I can give you the entire crash report if you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update!

"Media - none of it opens, so doesn't matter."

That assumption may or may not be valid, neither of us knows. As it could be related to what media was involved in the project. If you cannot prove it, don't assume it ... best operating assumption is no assumption.

And thanks for supplying the data to I suppose their UserVoice system. In talking with engineers, the biggest problem they have with bug reports is way too many are of the nature of "X is broken, fix it".

If it is something the engineers don't know about, there's nothing there to help them replicate the problem. They can't fix until they can replicate. And frequently that means replicating the exact situation ... hardware, OS, media, effects, and steps in "this" order not "that" order.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines