• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learning from Adobe Prelude

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a college adjunct instructor of video editing and documentary-making classes, I had heretofore used Adobe Prelude as a convenient way to "look and log" video clips and print out an EDL that I and my students found very useful.  I used Prelude extensively in pre-editing a documentary for WTTW-Chicago (a PBS station).  So, I was chagrined to see its end-of-life decision about a year ago, but I am also enouraged by Adobe's statement that it "learned a lot" from Prelude as to how it can be applied to Premiere Pro.  

Count me as very interested and involved in this.  The biggest takeaway from Prelude that could be incorporated into Premiere is the ability to print out an EDL of "selected" clips.  I see that as having a benefit enormous beyond all telling.

Thanks,

Glen Gummess, Ed.D.,
University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your point ... as there were times I found Prelude very useful on larger jobs of media.

You can of course "ingest" very similar to Prelude in the Pr MediaBrowser panel. And if you make a rough-cut type quick thing, perhaps select a group of clips, "open in Source monitor", then one by one mark in/out then Insert ... then do an EDL, well, that's similar sort of kind of ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input.  I'll have to try that.  Still, it would be so convenient to generate an EDL from selected clips before the assembly edit stage, or perhaps at the assembly edit stage before a rough cut. 

(Does that make sense?).

Glen   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines