• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy Title causes extreme lag on Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's going on, but suddenly Legacy Title is causing extreme, insufferable lag on Premiere Pro. The frame rate drops to 2fps, and all the controls become very unresponsive and laggy. 

I was in the middle of editing some clips, and I didn't have any problems until I used the Legacy Title. 

So I thought maybe something was out of wack, so I closed everything, shut down the computer, and then restarted everything. I opened Premiere Pro and tried opening a new project and importing one clip. It played fine. And then I just added a basic legacy title and wrote "test." As soon as I do this, everything slows to a crawl. Even after I delete the legacy title, the damage has been done. 

Only way I can get Premiere Pro to act normal and fluid again, is to close the program and open it all over again and not add any more legacy titles. 

This did not happen before. I used to be able to add 50+ legacy titles to a video without any problems. Now I can't even add one legacy title without Premiere Pro becoming paralyzed. 

Anybody know what's going on? 

PS: I just checked which version I had, and I have 12.0. Is this why? Should I update to the new version? I don't understand why the older version would be affected by updates, though. 12.0 worked perfectly fine before. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happen to me too, all good and suddenly it lag when i open legacy title, even for just changing tool or scale up a bit, need 3-4 second to process. it never happen before. i try to restart my computer open the project delete cache, free my disk, it doesnt help.

i have i7 8750h

16gb ram 2666mhz

gtx 1060 6gb

*note it never happen before, and out of now where it happen. it reallt bother me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines