Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy title function being discontinued

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I regular make interview movies with senior managers within my company. I regularly use the Legacy title function to create a small, colored rectagle that slides across the screen from left to right. This rectagle contains the name of my interviewee. It stays static on screen for a few seconds then slides off.  At the same time another rectagle in another color slides in from the left hand side of the screen with the interviewees job title on it. This sits just under teh above mentioned first rectangle. After a few seconds that too then slides off at teh same time. I see the Legacy title is soon to be removed and that I should use teh Essential Graphics function instead. Ive looked in Essential Graphics and I cannot see any way of doing what I've just described. Does anyone know how I can continue doing this?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

If you can use the legacy titler you can use the EGP. Workflow is the same.

Draw the shapes and text in the EGP and animate in the Effect controls.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/essential-graphics-panel.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can use the legacy titler you can use the EGP. Workflow is the same.

Draw the shapes and text in the EGP and animate in the Effect controls.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/essential-graphics-panel.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann.

I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, With Legacy Title, I could set up a clip with keyframed effects (position, opacity, etc.) and then copy the settings  to a bunch of titles positioned on the timeline in one go. It was a real time-saver. I'm obviously missing something, because I don't see how EGP enables to me do this in one go, since I have to go inside each graphic. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy paste keyframes from the ECP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Titles I created with EGP weren't appearing on the timeline. They are now, so I'm now able to copy/paste settings to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines