• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Less than half a second freeze during playback on both timeline and source windows.

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have recently upgraded my i7-4790k and DDR 3 RAM to an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x and DDR 4 RAM (32gigs) and the performance is like night and day using Premiere Pro. With the exception of a new problem I'm now having. 

For a very brief moment that doesn't last longer than a milli-second, the video playback will freeze but it happens frequently enough to start driving me nuts. When I export it, it plays perfectly fine so it's only using Premiere Pro that it's a problem. I re-installed Premiere Pro, updated it and all that but still no fix for it.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be eternally grateful!

My specs-

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz

RAM: Two 16 GIG DDR 4 RAM sticks.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Can you let us know what colour is your render bar when you start your preview? You can find more about the render bar here.

Could you mark in and out points for a short duration in the timeline and go to Sequence > Render In to Out and see if the rendered playback is still dropping frames?

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for repsonding to this for me! Regardless if it's green, yellow or a red bar, it'll still pause for a split second. Even videos not in the timeline will do it but simply playing them in the resource monitor will have this problem.

It doesn't export with these issues either, interestingly enough. What I did forget to mention is that I DID clone my SDD to a new one during my installation of new PC parts so I'm wondering if that did it for some reason? I'd hate to have to do a fresh reinstall of Windows if that's the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Captain,

Since you don't have Quick Sync anymore with AMD CPUs, could that be the issue? Is your footage H.264? What happens with ProRes footage? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines