• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LInk Media - File Import Failure

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We moved assets from multiple hard drives to one hard drive to take on the road to work with the client.  PP 2018 (uninstalled and reinstalled with today) links most of the assets, but will not link .psd, .png, or .jpg files that appear to have been used in the Legacy Titler.  When manual linking is attempted, we get this error.

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 10.36.34 AM.png

Any suggestions? !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend another approach.  Don't add photos to the title directly.  Add them as separate clips over the title.  (Or under, as appropriate.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, but that is not what I asked.  The deed has already been done by editors and we need to figure out how to import the assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend not using the Legacy Titler, but it was used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would argue that you need to figure out "how the get the job done so you can get paid".

If one method doesn't work, try another.  Remove the images from the titles, import them anew and add them as clips to the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea in theory, but the image of torn paper has been used in dozens of titles and has been manipulated differently in each title.  In practice, that is what is being done, but my question was not "hey, I need a snarky, trollish reply on how I can do a workaround."

By asking "Any suggestions," I meant, does anyone know how to get past this obvious bug in programming?  Perhaps I should have worded my original question differently.

What I want to know is, how do you address this issue?  Has Adobe provided a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not the first to have this problem.  I've never seen a reliable fix.  Hence, the alternate suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out??? I need a fix too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any good answer for you.

Then why criticize alternative methods that will get the job done?  What's the point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The point is not been ironic when answering and not putting the fault on the editor as you did, or in another words, no been an idiot when answering. I am passing throght the same problem today and, even I could have done the edit with another strategy, this doesn't eliminate the situation that this strategy we used should have worked. Or, as jamesl777 said before, if that was a not allowed strategy, it should have been impossible to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys! I had this one file i could not remove, relink or whatever. Tried transparencymodes, colors, nothing worked. Could not even find the file in my project. Thanks for the legacy-titler hint. Just removed an old placeholder-titler and it worked.

As to your problem: could you open the Project in an legacy premiere? Maybe then the relinking would stick trough the update. Or maybe prerender all titles, or at least title-backgrounds as png-sequence?

Your annoyance is valid, this is a stupid bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, here it is almost one year since the original post about this bug - and Adobe still hasn't fixed it. I just started using Premiere Pro CC from CS6 and twice I've had to go back to CS6 to get something done I couldn't do in CC! The first was to read .vob files from a DVD: CC correctly read two out of three DVDs; I had to use CS6 to read the one CC couldn't. The second, was to properly link a .psd file used on many of the titles which I imported into CC because CC failed to import the .psd file when I tried to use the link media function in CC. However, CC would import the .psd file using the normal import procedure so there was nothing wrong with the file itself. I'm asking myself why am I spending all this money on CC when I have to keep using legacy software to accomplish what I used to do? I wish Adobe would put as much priority on ensuring existing functionality works as they do the flashy, new stuff. This Adobe mentality is exactly why it took me so long to switch to CC - and I have numerous examples of that but I've wasted enough time already trying to simply get imported titles to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try using the Replace Footage command instead of Link Media (Clip > Replace Footage). You may need to still tweak the title graphic, but this should get you past the offline media problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good suggestion Mitch. I'll try this procedure the next time I run into this situation which should be in a couple of months. For the problem I originally documented, I've already replaced all the legacy logos with a new .psd file so I can't try your suggestion now. Thanks for reviewing this thread Mitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitch - this doesn't work if the graphic had been embedded in Titler in the first place. How do you relink graphics that were in titler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is to put your new graphic (.psd or whatever) file in the location and with the name that it shows is missing.  It will update all legacy graphics.  You just can't tell it to look somewhere else.  As stupid as this is, it works.  Adobe needs to fix the bug that won't allow us to tell it to look in another place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines