• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Media on Network drive in Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. In premiere pro CC, I'm trying to link media that has been changed or moved to a project. The media I'm looking for is on a network drive. When I click on "locate media" I am unable to browse to the netwok drive as there are simply no drives showing up under the "network drives" dropdown. Any ideas on how to make Permiere see my network to locate these files? Thanks in advance. BB.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

I just had the same problem. The workaround was to create a shortcut to the folder holding the media on my desktop. Then in the Premiere Locate File I was able to dive into the server to access and link the files that way. Although this solution has a big shortcoming, because it relies on the shortcut being there. If you remove the shortcut the files can no longer be located.

Sidenote: In this day and age, that Premiere doesn't handle accessing media on servers well, is very surprising to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Just switch off 'Use Media Browser' in the Link Media dialog box, Premiere then uses Explorer (WIN) or Finder (macOS) and you can find your network drives (and your locally attached drives) in the normal way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I just found this problem myself today and the solution by RichardB99-bbh2ia worked and I'm back to business.

The question is why ADOBE ignores those things and don't correct them. This is going on since 2014. How many updates came after that and why this wasn't handled?

Does Adobe have an answer for that or will keep ignoring their problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in 2022. No offline Files, just Network Destination not visible in Media Browser. What a shame that they didn't fixed that problem since 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try any of the workarounds in this thread?  Might be a good idea to tell us Operating system.  Are any of the network drives visible in the file explorer or finder?   If you're working in an office and there's an IT person or department, probably a good idea to reach out to them.    If the drive is available in file explorer or the finder?  If so, have you tried an alternate way of importing files:  dragging them into the project or using file: import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone is still having problems with this then this is how you get your drive letters the right way:

1. Right click on the media you want to link and press link media

2. Uncheck "use media browser to locate files"

3. Press locate

4. Navigate to your server by typing "\\your.server.ip.here" in the toolbar, OR go to network in the left bar and click on your server there

5. Your server's network shares should show up now, right click them and click "Map network drive..." and assign the same letters to them which they already have and press finish.

Do this for every network drive you want in premiere

6. Close the explorer window and go back to the Link Media window in première.

Then re-enable "use media browser to locate files"

7. Your network drives should now show up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines