• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Media window not showing all missing media

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported an old FCP7 project into PP and was surprised how well the old project came through! There was a lot of media that needed to be linked so I went through that process. After linking half the files, I wanted to see how the project looked at that point so I clicked Offline All to leave the link media window (thinking I would return to finish the project later). When I later oopened the project, only a small portion of the missing media showed up. I can see the missing media in the status column of the project but I'd like to see the original Path the missing files came from because they refer to different folders on different hard drives.

Any thoughts? Should I have selected cancel in the Link Media window instead of offline all to keep the missing files active in the window? 

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Right click on one of the column headers in the project panel and choose "Metadata display..."

Then search for "Media File Path" and enable it. This column may show you the original file path but since it's come from FCP, who knows!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

That works, thanks for your suggestion Mike!  I also found that if I set a keyboard shortcut for "Link Media" then selected a missing file in the timeline , followed by that keyboard shortcut, all the missing files - with their original location - showed up in the "Link Media" window. For some reason, if I just select the missing file in the timeline and right-click "Link Media" it only brings that file into the "Link Media" window.

Go figure!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on one of the column headers in the project panel and choose "Metadata display..."

Then search for "Media File Path" and enable it. This column may show you the original file path but since it's come from FCP, who knows!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works, thanks for your suggestion Mike!  I also found that if I set a keyboard shortcut for "Link Media" then selected a missing file in the timeline , followed by that keyboard shortcut, all the missing files - with their original location - showed up in the "Link Media" window. For some reason, if I just select the missing file in the timeline and right-click "Link Media" it only brings that file into the "Link Media" window.

Go figure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines