I've imported a Comp into premire pro, because i think it's easier to work with audio in Premiere.
But after updating i've come across this never ending issue. First the comp became "offline" everytime I saved the AE file, but i found a work-around on this forum where you have to start Premiere first, wait a little bit and then open AE (which is fkd up, but it works and i have tight deadlined).
But now, the comp never shows up. Its just "pending" forever. I've cleared all cache, re-installed, restarted my computer (then it sometimes works for 1 export).
I'm not an Ae expert, just a Pr user that needs to run over to Ae from time to time. Some good friends and a partner are total Ae masters but ... well ... it's always odd to me how it works.
To keep my sanity, when I do need to use Ae, I make that initial comp ... but then finish the video part in Ae. Export a full video clip from Ae, and use that to replace the comp in Pr.
Then I don't have any issues with the "dynamic link" things, which can be a pain. Just as another way of getting the job out the door today.
Yeah, I've done that as well. But then i can't really fine tune the transitions etc. It's not optimal, but yes, it at least gets the job done. BUT theese links should work without any issues.
I know a couple folks that have replaced the comp just for better playback, but then occasaionally revisited the comp and exported a new file replacing the earlier replacement.
Again, whatever gets the job done with the least sanity stress. And while we'd all prefer to have Ae comps always simply play sweetly, well ... the more you have on a sequence, the more likelihood you'll have issues. "It is what it is."
So... It works fine when i create new Premiere and AE files and copy everything over from the original. THen i can work linked, updated and render. BUT, if i close the programs and open them again, the comp is stuck att "Pending" and premiere crashes when i try to import the Ae-comp again (tried this as a work around).
I've cleared all cache, the "feature" still remains.
Copy link to clipboard
Settings -> memory & performance -> uncheck "multi frame randering". Read that it can disrupt the "dynamic link".