• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locate Missing Footage in Box (on Mac)

Participant ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from using Dropbox to the Box cloud storage service.

When I load projects into Premiere that were originally stored in Dropbox, I reopen the project with nothing but missing footage. No big surprise here, since the string of folder & sub-folders is different now.

When I try to Locate the Missing Media for the project, I am unable to find the files in Box the way that Premiere used to display the folders in Dropbox. See the image below. I can still see where Dropbox folders are, but not the Box folder.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 11.06.50 AMa.png

I am just hoping that there is at least one other Premiere user here who has switched to Box and can tell me how to Locate missing media in Adobe applications.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try accessing the Box folder by copying the Box folder path from the Finder path bar (https://www.howtogeek.com/721126/3-ways-to-see-the-current-folder-path-on-mac/)  and pasting it into the media re-link locate the path (refer to the screenshot below)

Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 10.00.54 PM.png

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue -- while I could find the box using this method in the regular import menu (with a bit of struggle), I cannot find box when I'm trying to import a dynamic link (an After effects composition located in a box folder).  When I try to navigate to my user account's library, that folder just does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines