Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logitech MX master 3 - No vertical scroll

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

Just got my new Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2 today, and while my MX Master 3 was working perfectly on my Mac, there is now no vertical scroll in Premiere Pro. Instead, both scroll wheels are mapped to horizontal, which negates basically the entire reason I got the mouse... Any help?

In addition, I already had to fix the pop up window bug.. Not sure if they're related. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably want to reach out to Logitech on this one, you can't manipulate hardware inputs on Premiere's end of things. Also, hold down Ctrl/Cmd to change scrolling directions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you gone into system preferences: mouse to see if there are any settings you can adjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set one of the scroll wheels to zoom in/out........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried assigning functions on the Logi app and adding the PR profile and I still can't vertical scroll the timeline. Horizontal only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. I was having the same problem - both scroll wheels on the MX Master 3 were scrolling horizontal. 

In Premiere, go to edit > preferences > timeline > timeline mouse scrolling > switch to "vertical"

I think it defaults to horizontal when updating. Super weird as I have been using PP for 10 years now and never had this issue until v. 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your fix.  there was a post a few days ago on a thread I'd contributed to, and someone posted that they'd figure out a solution...  with no more info...  I politely asked him for the fix  and he answered...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You, defaultiev5g09t499x, have won the internet today! What a lifesaver. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Logitech software update available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Windows, the default for the Scroll Wheel is horizontal.

Press Control while using the Scroll Wheel for vertical scrolling.

Press Alt while using the Scroll Wheel or zooming in or out.

These modifier keys should work the same with the touchpad and the mouse.

Under macOS, the default for the Scroll Wheel is vertical scrolling with pressing Command to switch to horizontal.  Option, like Alt, is zoom.  With the touchpad under macOS, scrolling matches the direction of the two-finger swipe (no need to press a modifier key).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no option though in the app to change the scroll wheel to timeline horizontal scrolling or zoom like you can on the side scroll wheel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried power cycling the mouse? I had to do that today on macOS, which was weird. Never had to do that to scroll again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines