• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long mp3 files importing at wrong frame rate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing videos of a podcast with a looping video over it. The mp3 files range from 20 - 40 minutes in length. When I import them into Adobe Premiere, the files have an extra 1 - 2 seconds of repeated audio at the end. When I bring them into Audition, they stay the correct length. I calculated the amount of frames the file would have at 30 fps and 29.97 fps and it adds up to the additional seconds. I attempted to change the "Indeterminate Media Timebase" in the media section of preferences to match my file, but there is no change to the file when I re-import it. I was able to convert them to .wav and the issue was solved, but is there a way to fix this rather than converting all the .mp3 files to .wav?

TOPICS
Audio , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Premiere Pro just doesn't like mp3 files sometimes.

It is best to convert to wav because even if mp3 files work initially, they could cause issues with the project in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro just doesn't like mp3 files sometimes.

It is best to convert to wav because even if mp3 files work initially, they could cause issues with the project in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

figured as much, was just hoping I didn't have to convert them all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never a good idea to use MP3 as your source files if at all possible.

Not only are they lossy, but they also lose sync.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I had the choice I wouldn't have, but you take what you're given by the client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully converting to wav is pretty fast.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines