• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Look for general way to get rid of orange dot appearing in screen recordings caused by OSX Monterey

Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a good article on the problem here:  https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/12/22/a-prominent-orange-dot-in-macos-monterey-is-causing-probl...

I've installed the filter they suggest to remove the dot for future recordings, but sadly, I have hours of content I've created already that I did not notice that orange dot in.  I can't simply make a little corner png with everything transparent but the little corner. because in browsers, for example, as you can see in the attached video, the background color is constantly changing slightly.

Any way to create a layer I can bring in that will remove just the orange dot without effecting any other colors on the page?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3j2u7xzm15w9fx/m3-clip110-dot-problem-test.mp4?dl=0

orangedot1.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not directly related to your issue, but in the future, it seems the best utility right now to avoid the dot is yellowdot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the clone stamp in After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know AE much, but just watched a video on clone tool.  seems like that would not work in general, but only one constant background at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the orange dot doesn't change position, can't you just green screen key it out and overlay a small, masked offset position of the same video to cover it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is so easy to fix.

Gray Color matte, mask, cover up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines