• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing Export Templates, Proxy Templates, Keyboard Shortcuts, Effects Custom Bin on Every Update

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I upgrade I run into problems - and I feel sure I'm doing something wrong.

I always lose my:
• Effects custom bin
• Keyboard Shortcuts
• Export Templates
• Proxy Templates

I thought there was a way to put this all in the cloud somehow. Before I upgrade I always go to Sync Settings and Upload. When the update is complete I go to Sync Settings and Download. And it never seems to do anything at all. 

Then I go through the process of dragging the old (i'm on a mac) Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/ both profile folders - from the old version into the new version. This helps with the templates. 

But it doesn't solve the keyboard shortcut or effects custom bin. I have to find my old keyboard shortcut and it always takes me awhile to get it to show up in the drop down where I can chose it. 

And I've never been able to figure out how to ring the effects custom bin to new updates. 

What am I missing! I know this should all happen automatically at this point. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, angelog,

The issue you mentioned is so frustrating! I have the same problem. I spend a lot of time getting my preferences and presets just right. In speaking with some of the great minds in the NAB booth, I think there might be a way to solve it. Your profile has some preferences that can be hard-set. That way, the settings remain the same, even if you update, sync settings, or not. 

<SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!>.

Let me look a bit more into this topic so I can make a FAQ, and then we don't have to ask for a new feature that might already be there. 

Take Care, and thanks for raising the issue.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Kevin-Monahan , i have this problem too.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines