• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of sync when using Pitch Shifter

Explorer ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to speed up a talking head to 110%.  I've found (and read) that using the default "Maintain Audio Pitch" checkbox gives a very noticeable metallic sound to speeded up audio.

So I'm trying the "Pitch Shifter" effect.  It produces a nice artifact-free shift (I set it to ratio = 0.9 for audio sped up to 110%) ...

BUT: my audio is now out of sync! 

*** EDIT ***

I've figured it out.  My problem, not Adobe's.  You lose sync IF the video and audio tracks do not have identical start-points on the timeline.  All fine if the start-points align before you change the speed. 

Windows 10, 32g ram, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDDR6 Card.
TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had weird and inconsistent artifacts as well, I fixed it (finally [weirdly]) by unchecking "use appropriate default settings" and turning the splicing frequency down all the way to 5Hz, as far as it would go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I responded in the wrong thread, why can't I edit or delete my comments Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because of the forum software's limitations. Not even mods can 'delete' a post, has to be a staffer with special priveleges in their system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines