• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost project

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you guys need to work on deletetion of projects its a absolute crap shoot to try to delete something.. I lost what i was working on trying to delete a pretty much empty project because the way you guys have it set up to bring in other media you have imported.... please fix this 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, this is primarily a user-to-user help forum, so " us guys" are just other users. No more a staffer than you are.

Second, not much clue what your troubles were because it's not clear what you meant. I will give a couple bits of maybe useful information.

Premiere Pro, like any other NLE, stores what we do in its project database. You delete the project it's gone. The same with sequences ... the data about a sequence ... what sections of what clips, all effects & etc., are stored in the sequence metadata. Delete a sequence, that data is gone.

It doesn't "import" external items like media files really, it references their location on the computer in the project file data. So it never makes a copy of what you've got on disc, unless you have it do that specifically with a detailed ingest process. Basic "importing" of media just means it adds the reference on their location to the project file data.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines