• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Video Preview When Using Capture In Premiere Pro 2022

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older Mini DV camera and I'm trying to capture the video in Premiere Pro 2022.  I installed a fireward card into my windows 10 desktop. I opened the Capture screen in Premier and it worked perfectly. I could easily capture footage from my camera. I come back the next day and now I only get audio. I have full control of the camera from the capture window. I tried another capture application and it worked as expected. I can not figure out why Premiere refuses to show me the video.  I followed a guide about resetting the cache with no change.  If I actually capture the video it does work. I just do not get the preview.   I have no idea why it would just stop working. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.. Purchased PP 2022 and installed on Windows 10 system on March 11.  DV format Capture from a Sony DSR TRV950 (with firewire cable)worked well for about 6 days.  On day 7 the Capture preview screen was blank, although all device controls still worked from the capture window and the clips captured and saved properly.  I followed the recommendation to reset the preferences, but the problem was Not resolved.  It is a real problem not being able to view the preview during capture in the capture window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share my experience, i had the same issue and i just solved it by installing Nvidia Studio drivers versus Nvidia game driver 🙂 Preview is back, magic !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with an old Adobe Premier 9. The preview window sudenly turned grey one day I was importing DV video from an old Panasonic camcorder. My laptop is a Dell XPS 9370 from 2018. From other posts it was indicated the the graphics driver could be the problem. The solution for me was to disable the graphics driver. Now I am left with one screen but the video shows in the capture window.-2023-10-24_13-51-02.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines