• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost with trying to navigate the new Premier Pro update

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just completed our most recent PP update and started a new project, then something different happend, it was requiring a folder to load prior to launching a new project. So I selected a folder and it loaded evertything directly into the sequence timeline, which makes no sense. Plus, all of my workflow saves are gone. Is there any training avaiable for this new upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Because this process was designed for workflows that are typically one-folder projects. NOT what you or I will be using. So skip importing from this page as Phillip suggested.

Just give name, location, click create. As you did before.

Now import as before from the project panel or MediaBrowser. Doesn't even take one extra click.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the new import workflow you don't have to import anything from that screen if you don't want to. It's an option if that suits your workflow. You can still name and choose the location for your Project File just like the previous versions and then move on to the edit tab like before. Really, the difference is that before you had a list of Project Settings that you could change, but for a lot of users there was never any need to change those settings on a project to project basis. So now you can import here if you want to get started quicker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it, but why doesn't mantain the folder structure? We try to organize our folders in the Explorer/Finder so when we import it in Premiere we could have the same structure, why to bother to make a new import pannel if does'nt have the basics of the old one. I really don't find any good improvement in the New Project window, neither in the Export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because this process was designed for workflows that are typically one-folder projects. NOT what you or I will be using. So skip importing from this page as Phillip suggested.

Just give name, location, click create. As you did before.

Now import as before from the project panel or MediaBrowser. Doesn't even take one extra click.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines