• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loupedeck + not available at Premiere Pro 2021 (V 15.0)

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Premiere Pro 2021 (V 15.0). MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

My Loupedeck+ device is not recognized at the list of the available Control Surfaces at Preferences.

The latest Loupedeck+ drivers are installed.

Could you please fix it? I really need to use the Control Surface.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Loupdedeck has updated their Mac OS download site with software version 4.2.6, I tested it and it does fix the issue with Loupedeck not being an option in Control Surface. Loupedeck CT now works in Premiere Pro 15.0.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Stasym, I forgot to add that the update is also available for the Loupedeck+.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing preferences or re-installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and befor that I deleted the Preferences File from Users - Documents - Adobe - Premiere Pro - 15.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. In addition to what Ann Bens suggested, I also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Loupedeck software...no luck. I've contacted Loupedeck as well, to let them know and see if they have a fix. I'll repost anything relevant they may be able to add on here once they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loupedeck's response has just been to reinstall their software, which I've done multiple times. I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall all Adobe apps and the Loupedeck app, as well as deleting all associated files, profiles, and preferences...still no luck. I also updated After Effects and Audition at the same time and Loupedeck works fine in those apps. As a last resort I reinstalled the previous version of Premiere Pro (14.9, I believe) and Loupedeck is recognized immediately. All I can think is that there is a conflict between Loupedeck and Premiere Pro that will not allow Loupedeck as an option under Control Surface. Looks like I'll wait to update Premiere until this gets worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. Adobe 14.9 will recognize Loupedeck, meaning the screen on the CT changes to the Premiere Pro layout, but adjustments made on the Loupedeck don't affect Premiere Pro. Hit the Mark In button and nothing happens. Plus Loupedeck is, again, not available to choose in Control Surface. MyerPj is probably right that this is a Loupedeck problem, I'll see if I can downgrade the Loupedeck software and find a working combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm certain your best bet is to contact Loupedeck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email from Loupedeck this morning, they are working on a fix and will let me know when it's available. I downgraded to Premiere 14.9 to continue working and they suggested doing the same thing until their update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loupedeck used a location for their files that is different than the ones Tangent uses. I know a Loupedeck user copied to the location that Tangent uses, and was apparently able to resume working. So try it ...it may not work, but it also might. I don't know for any certainty.

Program/Package Files/Adobe/Common/Plugins/ControlSurface.

In my ControlSurface folder, there's a Tangent folder and a "Tangent.acsrf" file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for the info. I'm on a Mac and they use .bundle files. It could be as simple as copying the Loupedeck2.bundle from my Premiere Pro 14.9 program package to my 15.0 package. My only concern is if there's a specific reason that Loupedeck didn't install to the ControlSurface location in the 15.0 package. Nothing that a quick uninstall/reinstall wouldn't fix, I guess. Wish me luck.;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of luck!

Yea, when you're used to a surface ... not having it is a total wham-up to your production capabilities.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the well wishes, but it didn't work. Oh well, like I said a few posts up they're working on a fix, so I'll keep getting work done in 14.9 knowing that 15.0 is right around the corner.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loupdedeck has updated their Mac OS download site with software version 4.2.6, I tested it and it does fix the issue with Loupedeck not being an option in Control Surface. Loupedeck CT now works in Premiere Pro 15.0.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stasym, I forgot to add that the update is also available for the Loupedeck+.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Loupedeck listened and responded quickly.

Have a nice week!

Stavros Symeonidis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey OSBERGMEDIA,

I've tried been stuggling with the lack of seeing Loupedeck+ show up in the Control Panel in the Device Class and I have followed every relavent forum for the issue so far with no resolve. I have done everything that you have described before when trying to find a solution, but for some reason I have downloaded the MacOS software for the Loupedeck+ but still haven't see it pop up as a option. Only "Mackie" is showing up even though the ".bundle" files are downloaded in the plug-in file. Anything that I've said that sticks out to you or anything that you think I should do? (I've also emailed Loupedeck about the issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same issue with Loupedeck + as the last post, tried the same things but still no Loupedeck + in Settings/Control Surface/Device Class/Add. I actually feel ripped off by Loupedeck for making it so hard with NOTHING on their website about how to resolve the issue.  I got it to work with Photoshop in minutes...I've already got two hours into making this thing work in Premiere Pro 2021 and still no cigar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines