• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low-resolution captions

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with some footage that's 1080p but the captions I've added manually are very low-resolution. It's like being at an opticians and trying to read the bottom line of text on a Snellen chart.

I haven't made any changes to the caption formatting, the text is Tahoma size 48 which is the default when I start to create the captions. Any ideas how to resolve this?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your captions probably dont match the sequence settings,

Post screenshot caption panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which panel you mean but here's the full screen (redacted for confidentiality purposes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know did not ask for it but it would have been nice to see the part of program window with the captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see the problem yet...

You have a Track Style applied, so this is not the default. But not matter: it should still look fine.

You have the Program Monitor resoluton set to "full"; check the other settings (resoluton when paused etc).

This is the PR 2021 version with the new captions workflow. You don't control the pixel size of the caption stream, but it should adapt automatically. 

How did you create the captions? Did you import a sidecar (e.g. srt) file?  I wonder if there is any formatting there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines