Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low speed effects Premier

Guide ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.
I want to appeal to the developers: explain to me when the madness with effects that are not adapted to work in Premier will end. I don't know about you, but I paid special attention to this. Now, guys, it's time to adapt the effects to the workflows. Here is an example: when working with a material, whether it is 1080P (HD), there are no problems. But when you add one or two effects to a video, it's not work that happens, but torment. I repeat once again that only for one clip on the timeline there are delays and brakes during playback. And a red stripe appears above the entire clip (I have a powerful enough workstation for 4K, and my machine can't handle it). Now I'm talking about real things. I'm not talking about two or three effects in one clip, and even more so on the timeline. It's just awful. Guys, let's start creating productive effects. The whole process becomes impossible to work with. This is one of the most promising directions in the performance of Premier.
With respect to the Adobe team.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can simply say that your comments are of limited value to any engineering type as you don't include the hardware you are using nor the effects that are causing you problems. They would need that data to be able to have any clue whatsoever as to what to even think of checking out.

Details ... engineers need details. This app is used across so many types of kit they need to know specifics.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe team has a staff of professional test people. Or they rely on ordinary users. They should be aware of the effects that cause performance problems. I'm not talking about Crop, Transform and similar. But, nevertheless, if they are applied together to create the same transition, that's the trouble. And there are individual effects. I will name one of them so that it is clear what I am talking about: Magnify. Try to throw just one clip on one, see the result. Even more, try to move it to the right place, just a horror. Everything slows down. There are many such effects. What is this called performance work??? Is it even conducted in the company???
With respect to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to talk about the workstation where I work. It is able to work perfectly with 4K video. Intel processor, Nvidia video card. The characteristics are more than. If I write, I know what the problem is and what to pay attention to. It's not about the computer, but about the performance of the Premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting the problems you're getting. Those sorts of things are heavily influenced by the gear, the media in the sequence, and the effects used as a combined load on the system. If they don't have the data for which systems struggle, they can't know which places to go look.

Period.

That's the only way software troubleshooting can work.

Once they know which types of gear have trouble with what effects/media, then they have a place to start working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convey this information to the employees who are engaged in tests. Let them test it themselves. I don't get paid for it. Start with the performance of standard effects, and then you can judge the overall performance of Premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can grumble all you want, but if you don't give details on hardware and footage used: its all guesswork.

This is the place to make your issues known. Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps 

But one thing I do know: Magnify is a non GPU accelerated effect. Most likely, you have a red renderbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me, Ann Bens, for my concern about the Adobe product. I want to help make it better. The Magnify effect is a small drop in the sea. There is a simple effect called Circle. Is it also not optimized ??? How many of these effects are still not optimized, what are we talking about with you? Do you work in the Premier program yourself???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is shouting, you just need to hear and start doing something, and not ask questions. There is a team of professionals at Adobe, I respect their opinion, this is their job. But, let me express my point of view. I am not happy with the performance of Premier. That's all. And if you want to listen to users so that Premier becomes better, be kind enough to respond to the requests of ordinary users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann, like most of the rest of us here, all the ACPs, is a user ... not an employee. She's an amazingly knowledgeable long-term user of about every part of the app, way off into more things than most of us ever use. She's an incredible resource for us all.

You seem to be making a common basic assumption ... if X performs like something on your machine, it must therefore be the same on all others. That is not however even close to the reality of computer/software operation. One of the more maddening and difficult parts of troubleshooting is the extreme amount of variables involved. Tracking down exactly what is an issue 'here' and not 'there' is a ton of picky, boring work.

But to even start, you always have to have that data ... what units it works good on, what units there are problems.

On my rig, none of the effects you've mentioned even causes PrPro to pause to think. They seem "highly optimized" here. But on your machine, they cause a problem.

Hardware matters. For the team to know where there might be an issue, they need to know all the specifics of where it's a problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no information there that any engineer would be interested in. And just in case you're thinking so, I'm not an employee either. Just another user. But I have talked with the engineers as to what they need to know to start working.

"Fix the effects" is totally useless. Most effects work fairly well on most kit.

What kit do they not work well with? That last bit is the useful part.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Neil.
If I tell you the characteristics, what will change ? Will the developers fix the problem specifically for me? Users have much less powerful stations to work with. Do you know why no one writes about it, although they suffer from it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the order in which the effects are applied.

Also try nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I invest the effects in NEST, it does not affect the performance. The only solution is a pre-render. But, this is not an option when you are mounting a project and every piece of the clip needs to be rendered. Who invented this? Here we are talking about the work of the effect itself. It is not productive and Premier suffers for this. Someone will understand me here. There are sensible people, not asking questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines