• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri Color Eye Dropper Not Working - Only Picking Red

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the eye dropper tool with Hue vs Hue or Hue vs Sat, or any of them, the selection is always red.I I tried restarting, trashing preferences, unplugging second monitor (that was the issue for others with this same problem but aparently not for me).

Not sure what else to try.

(Note: eye dropper works fine with Photoshop)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

Apple M1 Max

64GB Memory

MacOS Monterey version 12.1 (21C52)

Premiere Pro Version 22.2.0 (build 128)

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

There was some scaling going on with some of the footage, but I don't think that was the issue (I was putting 4k footage into a 1080p timeline at 50% scale).

Thanks to a private message from @Kevin-Monahan, the solution was to start a new project and import the entire broken project into the new one. 

This worked for boith of the projects that were manifesting this issue, and I have not clue why, but I'm glad it is resolved. 

The app has not been updated since then, and trashing preferences and any

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to pick the color white?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am picking the standard colors on a color card. Every color I pick on the card or on the screen produces the same results - Red. 

I have attached a screenshot to show one example. No matter what other color I pick, the same color is selected.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 9.47.50 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello LayMission,

I am so sorry but I'm not seeing this issue on my M1. Can you try the same test in a new project?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this recently, but at times this has popped up. As I recall, mostly with Macs. I wish I could remember what's going on with this ... but at the moment I can't. Maybe a search of this forum or elsewhere might get something.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any scaling going on with the image? Although that shouldn't do this to get all red either.

Any other effects on that clip? I spend a good bit of time yesterday and today doing this exact same thing ... without issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was some scaling going on with some of the footage, but I don't think that was the issue (I was putting 4k footage into a 1080p timeline at 50% scale).

Thanks to a private message from @Kevin-Monahan, the solution was to start a new project and import the entire broken project into the new one. 

This worked for boith of the projects that were manifesting this issue, and I have not clue why, but I'm glad it is resolved. 

The app has not been updated since then, and trashing preferences and any other solution didn't work either.

For future readers, all I did was:

1) Open a new project and save it in the same file location with the same name but add something like _B or _test at the end to distinguish the file.

2) go to your project panel, right click and and select "import..."

3) select the project that is giving you the issue, and click "Import"

4) select "Import Entire Project" and cllick "OK"

5) save the file

6) test to see if the problem was resolved, and if resolved, you can delete your old project file, and rename your new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I thought this issue was resolved, but it is sporatically coming back, and I can't quite nail down anything consistent with respect to why it keeps happenning. The same fix of importing it to a new file works, but this workaround is getting cumbersome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so freaking frustrating ... why is this still happening for you?

Huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue. This is driving me crazy at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the data, what's your hardware & media & effects involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines