Lumetri Color - masks suddenly not working correctly!!!

Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been color correcting a short film that I shot, working for the last several weeks doing pretty extensive masking using multiple layers in Lumetri in Premiere Pro. Everything was looking good. I would creating cusom masks for individual parts of a scene (people faces, etc.)

 

I logging in today to continue the work and the first mask I tried to create (brightning up someones face) I noticed was acting funny. I did a slight exposure boost, and created a mask just for the face - but when I enabled and disabled the adjustment layer, I noticed the whole image was getting brighter and darker, not just the face. I went into the effects tab and disabled just the Lumitri later, which noticably got darker on the face (like I wanted) but then on/offing the adjustment layer (with Lumitri dissabled) still made the whole image darker/brighter as before. There is no second Lumitri layer. It appears that the masked layer is applying the effect twice, once to the whole image, and again on the masked spot.

 

I then started to look at some of my other clips, and to my horror, all the color correction work I've done is not severly messed up - everything is horribly overexposed, as I'm assuming all corrections with masks are being double applied.

 

What happened! How can I fix this!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

215

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022
Ok, stupid me. I figured it out. After dumping user preference and all media cashes, updating premier, still no luck. I looked at the default Adjustment Layer that I use to put Lumitri effects on, and noticed that an Exporuse boost accidently got applied to the layers "Source" tab, so instead of adjusting that individual layer, it applied globally....  Also, opening a previous "auto save" revealed this

Likes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I'm using an EVGA GeFroce RTX 2060 6GB GPU. So far, I did make sure I'm using the studio ready driver and updated it. Im on Adobe Premiere Pro version 22.0.0 (Build 169), so I will try updating it (I usually don't update in the middle of a project, as this can CAUSE problems, but maybe it's worth it in this case.

 

I'll check back in if there are any changes.

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, stupid me. I figured it out. After dumping user preference and all media cashes, updating premier, still no luck.

 

I looked at the default Adjustment Layer that I use to put Lumitri effects on, and noticed that an Exporuse boost accidently got applied to the layers "Source" tab, so instead of adjusting that individual layer, it applied globally.... 

 

Also, opening a previous "auto save" revealed this

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines