Lumetri color tinting footage when adjusting curves

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed a weird behaviour in lumetri color lately. When i try to pull the shadows down using the luma curve in lumetri (or adjust the 'shadows' and 'blacks' sliders in the basic correction tab), my footage gets a yellow tint to it.

i tried using the legacy curves effects, and the result is just fine, no tint to the footage.

This is a clip that is shot in a log profile, no correction:

Log.jpg

When i use the legacy curves effect to pull the shadows down, it behaves as expected (extreme adjustment, to exaggerate the issue):

Curves.jpg

When using the lumetri curves effect, doing the same curve, i get this yellow tint:

Lumetri Curves.jpg

I did the same curve adjustment on both effects, and the result is clearly different.

I only recently noticed this change in behaviour, as if something changed in the recent update.

Am i misunderstanding the lumetri curves?

Please help

---------

Windows 10

Latest premiere version

GPU - RTX 2060

intel i9 - 64 RAM

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jennifers50562858,

We're sorry to hear about this. Have you tried checking this with non-log media & checked if it's working properly? Also, if possible, please share a download link for the sample media & the project with the adjustments. It will help us to diagnose the issue properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines