• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri not working when loaded by other editors

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m working on a project with multiple editors. I did a grade in Lumetri, then saved everything onto a drive and passed it onto the next editor. When they opened it up, if they adjusted anything in Lumetri the entire grade disappeared. This problem also applied when extending any of the graded shots. In the end they had to regrade everything. They also were able to replicate this problem on 2 separate machines. We’re all running the latest version of Premiere on Mac.

Any idea what’s causing this problem?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Ahh as soon as you said it, it twigged. Yes I started the grade using a LUT that they didn't have. Thanks Neil, your answers have helped me in many other cases across this forum, G

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were any LUTs involved?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh as soon as you said it, it twigged. Yes I started the grade using a LUT that they didn't have. Thanks Neil, your answers have helped me in many other cases across this forum, G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WHERE those LUTs are parked is very, very important!

There are two correct places on the computer for users to park LUTs, and those DO NOT include the Program and Package folders where the applications have their own LUTs.

NEVER EVER ADD LUTS TO FOLDERS WITH APPLICATION LUTS IN THEM!!!!!

I recommed the simplest folder tree option ...

on Macs: Package Files/Adobe/Common/LUTs

on PCs: Program Files/Adobe/Common/LUTs

(note the similar paths, easy to keep track of between users!)

And inside that LUTs folder, you may or may not need to create the following folders:

Input

Technical

Creative

The Input folder is for the new color management Input LUT option for media color management.

The Technical folder is for the Lumetri panel Basic tab's Input LUT slot. (Which I do not actually recomment using for most things.)

And the Creative folder is for the Lumetri panel Creative tab Looks slot. Which is where I do recommend most LUTs, even tech/normalization LUTs, be applied due to the unfortunate LUT processing order in the Basic tab.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines